Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

4 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

I know, its really much better especially with temps. But for some reason I don't like when models ramp up the precip and snow amounts right before the storm... it happened 1/22 too and we got dryslotted, although I will never complain about 2'. 

If it fails it won't happen anything like that storm. The ull went nuts in SW va and literally committed grand larceny on us. It totally robbed the waa precip overhead and held all the dynamic precip hostage to our SW. At least there's no chance at that happening this time unless guidance completely forgot to include an upper level low tracking in the NS. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bob Chill said:

If it fails it won't happen anything like that storm. The ull went nuts in SW va and literally committed grand larceny on us. It totally robbed the waa precip overhead and held all the dynamic precip hostage to our SW. At least there's no chance at that happening this time unless guidance completely forgot to include an upper level low tracking in the NS. 

Yeah its not a specific comparison to any storm more just an innate feeling. Granted, tonight its being suppressed by the pretty snow maps coming out seemingly every few minutes.

You may have to look at new england for any analogs to this type of event. This is the type of storm interaction that usually happens up their way, but at te perfect latitude for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Which storm did that happen? March 2013?

5 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

Yeah its not a specific comparison to any storm more just an innate feeling. Granted, tonight its being suppressed by the pretty snow maps coming out seemingly every few minutes.

The one way things could fail is if the ns low ends up not giving up early enough but you would think if that was going to happen we wouldn't see uniform consensus at 48-60 leads that shows its not happening. 

I'm buying into a significant event at this point. Everything that is coming out right now looks about the same. I'm not buying into the prolific qpf totals yet though. I'll wait until 0z tomorrow before that. 

1 minute ago, Fozz said:

Which storm did that happen? March 2013?

Yep. The only storm that ever made me feel literally sick. Waking up that morning after going to bed with steady snow falling and seeing grass sticking up through the meager accums left me speechless. That plus enduring back to back disasters stung like an electric eel. Worst day of my weather tracking life. 

2 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

Where's mitch been?  He decide to sit this one out? I usually rely on him for my imby forecast since he and I are both near BWI... 

Word. Although Wxman lives in AA county also, crofton area. I think he works at LWX, not sure. I wait for him and Mitch so I can get gauge of what's going to happen. 

If it does stay all snow I just hope to not get into the dry slot like I did in January 2016. I was in that thing for 4 hours or so and when the back edge came through those awesome bands decided to go poof right as they got to me. Result was BWI with 29" and I was at like 20". 

5 minutes ago, Ltrain said:

If it does stay all snow I just hope to not get into the dry slot like I did in January 2016. I was in that thing for 4 hours or so and when the back edge came through those awesome bands decided to go poof right as they got to me. Result was BWI with 29" and I was at like 20". 

Where abouts are you? That sounds familiar... 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

This really isn't a dryslot type of storm. You would have to end up east of the deform band. I'm not sure how that could happen unless the low gets a lot closer to the coast. I suppose it's possible of course. Just seems unlikely. 

Thanks Bob. I wasn't really worried about it this time since like you said the low should not be as close. It was a total surprise when it did happen though, lol. 

Just now, Bob Chill said:

I've watched all 4 of these road games (aND most of the last 40 lol). I haven't seen a team this good since I was a kid. You can never count them out. Weapons galore and fun as hell to watch. 1 seed in the east keeps sounding less crazy. Lol

Tonights game was just silly... down 70-49 at the half and come back to win?  Come on now... that's just wrong... and they've done it two nights in a row

1 minute ago, yoda said:

Tonights game was just silly... down 70-49 at the half and come back to win?  Come on now... that's just wrong... and they've done it two nights in a row

I was totally good with a loss at halftime. 4 games in 5 night on the road coming off an ot win last night=totally gassed and ready for sleep. Blowout incoming....nope. haha

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived