• Last Reply
5 minutes ago, eurojosh said:

March Mayhem:

Ingredients:

Shaved ice

Vodka cold

Northern stream cream soda

Instructions:

Pour four days early. Warm to just above freezing. Replace melted ice with significant amount of water. Drink in one shot. Start preparing next drink.

Depending on the rates, we could overcome the warm layer and not have as much melted ice...

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It's like we've been best friends since elementary school. Spot on! Except for the first paragraph. Snow is the be all end all.

Well, yeah, I have to agree there!  That's what drew me into this profession and hobby, as with most of you I presume!  Honestly though, I think it wears on you more so after a long snow drought.  At least it did for me.  To be truthful, the blizzard last year more than satisfied my palate during an otherwise lackluster winter.  I wasn't here for 09-10, so it had been a LONG while isnce I'd seen snow over a foot.  For us, we all have an insatiable appetite when it comes to snow, though I gotta be honest, if there was ever a winter where I could survive snowless, it would be after last year.  But that's it!! :)

7 minutes ago, H2O said:

Let's say you liked to cook but couldn't quite get how to make your soufflé get all puffy. You read recipe after recipe and nothing helped.

Then one day a chef from a 5 star restaurant came waltzing in and said you're doing it wrong and only I know how to make it work.

You would say, "Hey can you tell me?"

And he says, "No, because I don't wanna.  Neener neener!"

Would you nicely ask if he could explain why he is being rude or just go: he is being so nice with his thoughts to me!!!?

Listen I get it completely, hence why I mentioned I could see it from Mappys perspective as well, along with the poster. All I am saying is there are some in here who can be some condescending pricks for no reason. You try and make a logical, well thought out post and you get terrible analysis, who is this guy, not even close Bud etc... end of rant. Dont care anymore but its just annoying to try and enjoy your hobby and people always have some smart ass comment to inject about individual posts.

12 minutes ago, H2O said:

Let's say you liked to cook but couldn't quite get how to make your soufflé get all puffy. You read recipe after recipe and nothing helped.

Then one day a chef from a 5 star restaurant came waltzing in and said you're doing it wrong and only I know how to make it work.

You would say, "Hey can you tell me?"

And he says, "No, because I don't wanna.  Neener neener!"

Would you nicely ask if he could explain why he is being rude or just go: he is being so nice with his thoughts to me!!!?

Good analogy but the five star chefs don't all have it worked out yet and no one has busted yet, either.

One reason the emotions are running high is that most of us haven't had our snow fix for well over a year and

it could be a year or more till the next fix if this one fails us.

11 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Just out of curiosity...is your 1" contest for the DCA location, or as measured there at NCEP in College Park?  Either way, I don't think much of anyone in the area got 1" from a single event yet, though maybe the early January storm (that hammered southern VA and NC) came close.  And it just goes to show how pathetic this winter has been!

It's for the NCWCP location here in College Park.  The "true" snow hole, outside of DCA :)

26 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

But the 12z RPM obliterates us according to the WBAL mets, so we're cool.

The one that BAL said would be rain yesterday?

In other news, my garage brewery is coming along nicely, albeit slowly. I stupidly bought a new sander and now I'm sanding the whole world, but that whiskey barrel is as smooth as silk.

Just now, cae said:

It's better when these storms sneak up on us.  That way we aren't all sleep-deprived from staying up for the Euro all week.  I think we should call the period between the 12z EPS and the 18z NAM  GFS "nap time". 

FYP :D

As for sleep deprived, I'd give anything to experience the week of sleep deprivation leading up to the blizzard last year (or any of the other big storms we've had).  Especially when you more or less know you're going to get hammered and it's only a matter of fine details.  Alas, not the situation with the Monday night/Tuesday event!

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Age old question. Its a complex drink to make.

Ice first, then vodka, a touch of tonic water, fresh slice of lime squeezed in. I plop the lime wedge in too. Consume.

Sounds like a similar age old question when drinking a martini.  Should one drink the martini first and then eat the olives, or the other way around?  The answer, of course, is to eat the olives first so you don't drink on an empty stomach!

I don't care what someone's credentials are. When you make a definitive call you need to back it up then and there. Especially when it deviates from verbatim guidance. That's how it works here. That's how it has always worked here. I never have to worry about it because I don't make definitive calls.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived