Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Snowman. said:

Yeah the double standards here are unreal. The only great "analysis" comes from Bob Chill, PSUHoffman, a few others and the red taggers. Attacking a red tagger like ERS is not cool regardless of what he has said in the past. 

My thoughts exactly.

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

IDK- this storm seems very unusual the way things have gone the last few days. We had some upper tier bombs in the medium range that set the hook. It's unusual for models to do that in the mid range. People are surprised that d4-5 solutions aren't holding exactly like the normally do as we close in time. I can't remember the last time that happened. There's angst because it's becoming less likely that we get a top 5 march storm. That's weird too because they happen all the time. It's not going to be 10-15:1 ratios so that's pretty unusual too for a mid march storm. Then there's the chance that there are surface temp and ptype problems. I never saw that coming. It's sorta baffling. 

But the 12z RPM obliterates us according to the WBAL mets, so we're cool.

Just now, mappy said:

Sorry buddy :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly not you :)

I'm just surprised. I know we've seen meltdowns over snow in the past but I'm not sure I've seen people flip so quickly like they have today. And then you add in people who normally come across as quite knowledgeable and well balanced bickering with others. 

I would hate to suggest blanket bans but when people get this out of hand...

It's an online freaking weather forum...Yeah snowstorms can be disappointing. But I'm not sure it's worth this much of a meltdown for getting 4-6 inches less than you were originally expecting to get...people sometimes...

3 minutes ago, Snowman. said:

Yeah the double standards here are unreal. The only great "analysis" comes from Bob Chill, PSUHoffman, a few others and the red taggers. Attacking a red tagger like ERS is not cool regardless of what he has said in the past. 

I'm not sure he was "attacked" - mappy was simply trying to get the discussion back on topic and to give folks a little nudge...at least that's how I saw it. People can be REALLY sensitive online sometimes. That much is a fact across every form of social media and forums. 

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I thought that model only ran to 48?

Regardless, I'll never forget how it nailed March of 2013.  It was uncanny.

It nailed the January blizzard last year too. Only model to show the r/s line advancing NW more than expected, leaving the metro areas with only a wet 12".

2 minutes ago, feloniousq said:

No met should be attacking, either.

There's levels of red taggers.  You can tell who's worth listening to and who isn't.

ERS is one of the better ones here. He doesn't spend his time posting in a off-topic thread taking puerile potshots at others.

1 minute ago, feloniousq said:

No met should be attacking, either.

There's levels of red taggers.  You can tell who's worth listening to and who isn't.

I agree. I just went in and read the posts (now hidden) and there are some real drama queens here.  He was certainly not "attacked". 

Everybody breathe and chill.  Bob Chill. 

1 minute ago, Kmlwx said:

I'm not sure he was "attacked" - mappy was simply trying to get the discussion back on topic and to give folks a little nudge...at least that's how I saw it. People can be REALLY sensitive online sometimes. That much is a fact across every form of social media and forums. 

I am just saying this has been an ongoing issue regarding ERS. I remember last year there were similar issues. I respect his opinion and analysis even though it is not always correct. 

5 minutes ago, Snowman. said:

No one attacked him.  Being asked to back up a post is not attacking.  

Just now, AlaskaETC said:

ERS is one of the better ones here. He doesn't spend his time posting in a off-topic thread taking puerile potshots at others.

I've never had a problem with you but you are making this a HUGE deal when it really is not one. Are you the internet police now?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived