Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

What trend?   This is the first GFS to cut back QPF.  It's also the ONLY models so far to cut back on QPF.   I'll ask again..what trend?

A trend of fear--the fear of disappointment. When ya have that, just one negative model run stokes fear of a trend starting. Mass hysteria times ten because of the winter we've had, lol

I didn't bother to record my last trace of snow.  It's been a rough winter in so many ways for me.  Interesting to see how this will fall apart.  Looking like 2 inches is going to be my benchmark if trends continue.  I'll take it gladly.  Will be sweet to see snow and the dog romping around in enjoyment.  

Just now, ohleary said:

Same posts, different year!

I imagine that over at sterling right now there are a bunch of meteorologists breaking pencils and throwing coffee mugs at a giant video screen flashing the snow maps from two days ago and today. One or two sitting at their desks, heads in their hands looking down and wondering aloud, "How did we not see this?"

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It's very predictable from the same people every time. These same exact posts were made in the blizzard threads last year.

The ones that irk me the most are the negative nellies that find fault with everything in a storm. Worst part about them is I feel they are in there more to try pushing peoples buttons then to actually make reasonable analysis.

17 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

I'm seriously lol-ing at people in our area that were expecting to see 15 inches of snow in Mid March. a general 4-8 inch system is a MUCH more realistic water mark for this time of year...and even then it's a lot. 

I would honestly be fine with turning off posting rights in the main thread to everyone except pro forecasters, Bob Chill, PSU and the admins. There are some incredibly intolerable folks over there that I normally enjoy. 

16 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I mean, I get it..of course we all want the big totals...and sure, it's a bit of a letdown to see them cut...but if you told me 4 to 8 inches before we saw all these pretty maps a few days ago, we would have been in this mother-effer popping champagne like we all won the lottery. 

Amen! I'll admit to sometimes making a bad or not too meaningful post (though usually in the lull between model runs). But even as I may be sweating out possible trends or whatever, I try not to post every worry in here as if I'm wearing it on my sleeve. Sure there are concerns with this event, but sometimes one just has to take a breath and relax a bit. As I said in the storm thread, some of the tearing of hair and gnashing of teeth over every detail was getting a bit much. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I like that Alaska ET comes in laying down the complaint list when he's been absent most of the winter.

Good stuff.

I know, right? I don't shoot the **** every day in banter or let alone haven't been posting since the EasternUSWX days. My opinion must be irrelevant.

13 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

As we have said many times, there is no WE here when it comes to the imby details of a potential winter storm.

Fun times in there, Right? Funny thing is that this is probably just an off run of the GFS. 500's only changed marginally and yet we saw a somewhat major shift with the coastal low. Looking at the upper levels I also thought there would be better transport of moisture westward into the cold air and yet that was not the case. Think the ensembles will tell us much as to whether this solution has any validity or if it's just an off run. My money is on off run.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived