Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Let's spend the next hour analyzing every angle of the past three NAM runs looking for subtle changes.

It's like heading to Chuck-E-Cheese on a Saturday afternoon looking for a quiet place to read a book. Wrong approach.

I prefer to do my reading at Hooters

12 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

For some reason the analysis of it is especially bad. Some weenies seem obsessed with it, though. They refuse to let it go.

Yup. Some do not understand that outside 48hrs it shouldn't be analyzed too much. But every 6 hours we deal with it.

11 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Thinking about making NAM post 48 hours banter talk

Please?

22 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Thinking about making NAM post 48 hours banter talk

Please do. When it's the only thing running it's too tempting not to look at and comment on. That said, some seem far too confident about this event. We're still 2.5 days out......lots can happen.

This is going to be a fun storm to CHASE.

EXTREMELY SHARP GRADIENT!

Don't wait. Reposition yourself NOW, especially if you live east of I-81 like me. 

LaPlata = mostly rain, couple inches of rainfall.

Dale City - will see a dusting to half of an inch. Massive, epic mixing, could also see sleet accums but likely just a slushy white rain, even on Monday night/early Tue morning, because mid 30s at the surface. Lots snow tv, little accumulation, although we could score a squall Tuesday night. Lots of easterly warm air at 850 MB. Reposition, reposition, reposition accordingly!!!

Manassas - 2-4 inches of snow, some mixing issues. BE GLAD you don't live in Dale City, lol. Reposition accordingly.

Dulles - Winter wonderland, mostly snow, 6-9 inches. Decent place to live.

I-81 - Buy at least twenty Jebman shovels, massive HECS, 9-16 inches of snow. Cold Smoke.

Central and North MD and points northeast - You guys are going to get demolished, over a foot of fresh snow, possibly much more. You know where to find me. You need an intervention, there is no way in hell you can handle digging this much snow.

SNE you guessed it, full capture. use your imagination. Weatherfella will be begging for help digging out, which will take him until Thanksgiving, because he is so old, dilapidated and washed up lmao.

Reaper will be busy Monday night/Tuesday. Get LOTS of sleep, in fact, try to sleep Sunday thru Monday Reaper. You're gonna need it. If you need help digging graves - You know where to find me.

BTW - I CANT chase this. I'll enjoy my epic mixing! Hey, it could be worse, I could be looking at a total shutout, zero snow on the season with this epic neutral ENSO.

Writing is on the wall. We dont do complex well. DC is going to get snow tv, central MD maybe 2-4. PA line and NE 6". First guess. 

One thing that is becoming more certain is marginal surface temperatures. This isn't going to be a Feb 10 2010. 

The gradient on the GFS snow map wont happen. That finger of 10-12" is not reality. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived