• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

Just a heads up for those that have monthly auto renew with weatherbell. Just canceled my account so as not to get charged in a couple of days and it has locked me out for the remaining days I have left on my purchase from last month. Have just sent an e-mail to see if they will address this so we will see. But if you have an monthly auto renew you may want to hold off till the last second before you cancel your account.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

^ I was just poking some fun at weenieism. I hope you at least chuckled a little. Lol

JB is a brand. Would Ford ever say that their latest mustang GT is slower than last year's model? 

I got the humor but I was wondering couldn't he issue honest realistic forecasts then weenie out in his videos or blogs in terms of chasing big events. Desperate the two. Kind of like we do. Seems that would have the all the net benefits without the harms he has now. 

6 hours ago, Amped said:

That would be like an NFL coach saying "We're going to suck this year,  4-12 at best."

Back in the day some sports teams did do that. They would honestly say "we are rebuildin" or "we are 3-5 years away". The instant gratification nature of society today has forced them to lie and pretend they have a shot every year. That and the cap has made it possible that by fluke they could win any year.  But in JBs case couldn't he say "this winter is going to be warm and probably below average snow but there will be chances or opportunities for storms and I will be all over them and let you know when or if they are coming" and most weenies would be disappointed but still hang on for those chances?  And it has the benefit of being TRUE. 

Link to Cherry Blossom updates:

https://cherryblossomwatch.com/peak-bloom-forecast/

I went by Hains Point yesterday, and it looked like about 5% of the trees were trying to pop out.

To join the willows, star and other magnolias, camellias, three early rhododendrons, pink buds, along with the daffodils and the usual early suspects. 

I wonder to what extent the temperatures early Saturday and Sunday will slow things down.

Still at 6 on my winter scale (cold, precip, not both).

3 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Just a heads up for those that have monthly auto renew with weatherbell. Just canceled my account so as not to get charged in a couple of days and it has locked me out for the remaining days I have left on my purchase from last month. Have just sent an e-mail to see if they will address this so we will see. But if you have an monthly auto renew you may want to hold off till the last second before you cancel your account.

They did get back to me fairly quickly so I now have access once again. Not sure why I really care though all I will be doing is following the last few days of the latest Fail in this miserable winter. 

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'm tempted to create another category for the people who are still tracking winter. They're not dead, but they're very clearly not well either. It's insane.

My wife keeps telling me there is something seriously wrong with me mentally. So yeah, if you create a crazy list, feel free to put me at the top. :blink:

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'm tempted to create another category for the people who are still tracking winter. They're not dead, but they're very clearly not well either. It's insane.

I'm a stubborn SOB and I don't quit on anything. I'm that guy who mocks and shames fans who try to leave an Eagles game before it's over in my section, even if they are down 30 points. You sit your but in that seat and suffer to the bitter end, screaming insults and boos at your team the whole time of course.  

Once I'm on this ride I'm on it until the very end. The rest of you are welcome to use the life boats. I encourage you to get off and save yourselves. But I am riding this b#%^* to the bottom of the ocean. 

I'm a stubborn SOB and I don't quit on anything. I'm that guy who mocks and shames fans who try to leave an Eagles game before it's over in my section, even if they are down 30 points. You sit your but in that seat and suffer to the bitter end, screaming insults and boos at your team the whole time of course.  

Once I'm on this ride I'm on it until the very end. The rest of you are welcome to use the life boats. I encourage you to get off and save yourselves. But I am riding this b#%^* to the bottom of the ocean. 

i may be tempted to awaken from the dead if we can get a legit threat south of the mason dixon within 6-7 day range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CWG is being way too sanguine about how awesome warmer winters are for the climate. The article made a brief mention of the negative ecological impacts but I think they're really downplaying how serious they can be.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2017/03/02/you-can-care-about-climate-change-and-still-enjoy-freakishly-warm-winter-days/?utm_term=.a6972f0be189

21 minutes ago, Fozz said:

CWG is being way too sanguine about how awesome warmer winters are for the climate. The article made a brief mention of the negative ecological impacts but I think they're really downplaying how serious they can be.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2017/03/02/you-can-care-about-climate-change-and-still-enjoy-freakishly-warm-winter-days/?utm_term=.a6972f0be189

Regardless of how one views warm days during the winter, that still reads as a weird article. It's kind of all over the place in emphasis. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived