Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Obs/Disco Thread

arlwx

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Damn dude. That's really impressive. Mids should be good within an hour or 2. You're flipping soon for sure 

1100 feet does wonders for the boundary temps. Being 40-50 miles north doesn't hurt either.   It could flip fast later even south of here if rates are good enough. 

3 minutes ago, Animal said:

seeing on meso reporting 35-38F in northern MD

If the prcip progs hits...strong signal for 6-12 above 900 feet

When I was considering looking for a teaching job in north jersey many years ago highland lakes was where I was thinking of living. Where I ended up here, Manchester, is kind of the Maryland version of what you are to NJ. 

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

When I was considering looking for a teaching job in north jersey many years ago highland lakes was where I was thinking of living. Where I ended up here, Manchester, is kind of the Maryland version of what you are to NJ. 

Yea we get crushed in elevation storms.(48 miles NW of the city) I rattled off 9-11 inches in November..all rain at 1000-1200 feet. 

Mt Holly NWS did not believe it.  Sent photos

No school in Highland Lakes...must have been a gig in Vernon.

Hope you get hit.I see it!!

3 minutes ago, Animal said:

Yea we get crushed in elevation storms.(48 miles NW of the city) I rattled off 9-11 inches in November..all rain at 1000-1200 feet. 

Mt Holly NWS did not believe it.  Sent photos

No school in Highland Lakes...must have been a gig in Vernon.

Hope you get hit.I see it!!

I was going to commute. I drive an hour to work now to live here. I think it's worth it but others would say I'm crazy. Their probably right. 

There are slush bombs mixed in with the rain here now so it's close. The radar is bright banding here because it's not raining as hard as radar would indicate. 

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I was going to commute. I drive an hour to work now to live here. I think it's worth it but others would say I'm crazy. Their probably right. 

There are slush bombs mixed in with the rain here now so it's close. The radar is bright banding here because it's not raining as hard as radar would indicate. 

I drive 75 miles to work. I work in Scranton PA

21 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I think I might be a little insane but I'm tempted to stay up for the flip if radar looks good in a couple hours. There's going to be some heavy snow mixed into the stripe and the hrrr keeps the general orientation over my yard. 

What time do you think you'll flip in Rockville?  2-3am?

I've got the deck light on at our house in Reisterstown.  There are a few big flakes mixing in occasionally now.  We are at 680 feet in elevation.  The SPC mesoanalysis shows the 925mb freezing line running along Rt. 26.  Looks like the flip to snow is about an hour after that crosses your house.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived