SnowHabit
March Obs/Disco Thread

arlwx

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

18F.  Impressive cold for having clouds and wind.  Could do without that annoying wind, but a beautiful deep-winter landscape this morning.  Kept a lot more snow-cover yesterday than I thought we would, and it is glacier-solid this morning.  Forecast high of 28F today, on March 15?  WOW.  Terrible winter, but a really nice ending to it.

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Getting some off and on light flurries.  This is the winter of T's. lol

Everything is still frozen solid and it's damn cold in wind. This is the most wintry day of winter by a good margin and it's coming when normal highs are 50+.

I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, lol.

Yeah, this is the kind of winter I thought I was moving here for. All of the ice here in Gaithersburg is glaciating now, spots that were plowed are getting encroached on by the surrounding ice. It's kind of surreal to see.

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Getting some off and on light flurries.  This is the winter of T's. lol

Everything is still frozen solid and it's damn cold in wind. This is the most wintry day of winter by a good margin and it's coming when normal highs are 50+.

Jan 7-9 might have the edge.  Mid-20s highs and a touch of snowcover.  I was able to freeze a small skating rink, which is not something that would work now.

Incredible cold here , 26 degrees and windchill of 8 F.

Flurries and snow showers, for March 15 th amazing. My daughter is going to freeze at varsity soccer practice right now.

Reflecting back to yesterday for a moment, the freezing rain and 50 mph winds yesterday destroyed my favorite twin side by side Scott pines, so sad today about that .  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived