Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

35 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Awful yet careless. Yea you got a hard on from the funnel cloud forming ahead but act like you been there before....eyes on the road, let the cameras get it then when you can pull over, go ahead and whip it out. 

Sad but reckless, keeping it real. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Awful yet careless. Yea you got a hard on from the funnel cloud forming ahead but act like you been there before....eyes on the road, let the cameras get it then when you can pull over, go ahead and whip it out. 

Sad but reckless, keeping it real. 

I saw the driver run multiple stop signs just casually skipping through that vid. Some of these big name chasers seem to think they have their own separate set of rules. RIP to all, but it's sad that a 25 y/o lost his life innocently out of this.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I saw the driver run multiple stop signs just casually skipping through that vid. Some of these big name chasers seem to think they have their own separate set of rules. RIP to all, but it's sad that a 25 y/o lost his life innocently out of this.

These things shake me to my core nowadays. Not sure why, might be because Im a dad. But In a flash, your life can taken from you by someone elses lack of awareness. Stuff like this can be avoided if we can simply dial it back on the full steam ahead throttle many have on the roads. This was obv different chasing storms but we say it all the time how people speed in bad weather which is just an extension of everyday driving. wtf is so important you need to get there 5min ahead of me? So many times I see speedsters spend all this energy weaving in and out while I cruise....and when I pull up to the light in a mile, Mario is only like one car ahead lol.  You were probably so tense, anxious, angry, whatever...did all this hard work, and got nowhere fast afterall.

6 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

These things shake me to my core nowadays. Not sure why, might be because Im a dad. But In a flash, your life can taken from you by someone elses lack of awareness. Stuff like this can be avoided if we can simply dial it back on the full steam ahead throttle many have on the roads. This was obv different chasing storms but we say it all the time how people speed in bad weather which is just an extension of everyday driving. wtf is so important you need to get there 5min ahead of me? So many times I see speedsters spend all this energy weaving in and out while I cruise....and when I pull up to the light in a mile, Mario is only like one car ahead lol.  You were probably so tense, anxious, angry, whatever...did all this hard work, and got nowhere fast afterall.

Not even 5 minutes.  I drive a 7 mile stretch of interstate from Enfield, CT to Springfield when I'm working in the office.  To save gas I just sit in the right lane doing 65 but what's funny is that I'll notice cars that zoomed by me sitting in front of me at a traffic light.  They think they are getting somewhere quicker but unless you're driving long distances, you're really not getting that far ahead.

I think it's part of societies focus on the here and now and not long term.  Instant gratification.

Something like this is really sad but hopefully a reminder that it's the simple things that are missed that cause problems.

1 hour ago, MetHerb said:

Not even 5 minutes.  I drive a 7 mile stretch of interstate from Enfield, CT to Springfield when I'm working in the office.  To save gas I just sit in the right lane doing 65 but what's funny is that I'll notice cars that zoomed by me sitting in front of me at a traffic light.  They think they are getting somewhere quicker but unless you're driving long distances, you're really not getting that far ahead.

I think it's part of societies focus on the here and now and not long term.  Instant gratification.

Something like this is really sad but hopefully a reminder that it's the simple things that are missed that cause problems.

Yea. It is also how glued we are to timelines. Everything surrounds a schedule so we zip to work, from, to appointments, pick up kid from daycare or school, got my tv show at 9, and on and on. It's a daily rat race trying to pack in as much as possible inside certain time slots.

I actually go through periods where I cover clocks at work and home, TRY to stay off my phone too, and its pretty amazing how it feels.

8 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

lol. So true.  Every day I see this. Every day.

21 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. It is also how glued we are to timelines. Everything surrounds a schedule so we zip to work, from, to appointments, pick up kid from daycare or school, got my tv show at 9, and on and on. It's a daily rat race trying to pack in as much as possible inside certain time slots.

I actually go through periods where I cover clocks at work and home, TRY to stay off my phone too, and its pretty amazing how it feels.

This sh*t is a product of the fairly modern way we look at time.  We are slaves to clocks, time, and appointments as you say.  Some societies still don't run this way. Probably 3rd world, but in the end, birthdays, Specific holidays, and dates and times that we have invented for social, work or other reasons mean nothing to some and in the end they don't give a crap, and end up as dust just like the rest of us.

I was in Ireland years ago, and the place I was staying at for about 3 weeks, I don't think I had ever met a community that gave less about time than those people. Was quite awesome actually.  The farmers knew when to deal with their produce and animals by the way the sun set, and others just kind of went about their way to work, pretty much on the same premise.  The clock was obviously a part of life, but the pace was so much more slower and relaxed.  

that tornado chasing tragedy yesterday in Texas is so disturbing and heartbreaking, the whole storm chasing phenomenon is out of control....way too many reckless weather cowboys in those saloons

at what point is the price of weather hype too high

there is no excuse for what happened yesterday out there

so sick of the "warning the public" argument too

ridiculous

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Might have water issues by the end of this week...lol. Epstein approved.

Inches of rain will be a disaster here. The coop was surrounded by water before this storm and there was a lot of original snow left to melt. Gah.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

We were close to another blue bomb with that one. Looks like a cold drenching. Congrats tamarack

Wunderground has me at 8-12 for that one.  Midlevels look a little too warm for that, but it's 3+ days out so who knows.  Not liking the late week deluge though my concerns are mollified by the progged 30s-40s temps - memories of 30 years ago (Kennebec 22 ft above flood stage in Augusta) but that one had a week of 50s-60s destroying the pack before the downpour arrived.

For those beleaguered spring enthusiasts among us ...  there are subtle reasons to be encouraged over the next couple of days.  It may not be 'deep spring' but the vibe will be in the air tomorrow, and especially...Monday.

The Euro last night (GGEM too for whatever that's not worth..), and now the NAM show a low RH cloud level and gentle down slope flow for tomorrow.  With lots of high sun angle ..despite the mangled grits we laid down over the last day, that smacks at a run toward 50 F a max and operational turbo melt (save for the woods and shade).  The next day Monday, the consensus has the ridge axis passing over head over the course of mid day hours, and with near full sun and 850's maturing to +0 or +2 C by days end (though the mixing depth may not be that high) sill looks like 55-60 F with light winds and warm sun.

4 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

CON went:

27.6, 28.5, 30.1, and 29.1

So February was a full degree warmer than March.

Yeah a Met buddy of mine was keeping track of that for Boston...   He was saying that Boston had a shot and putting up a colder March average, than the combined of DJF ... espousing that as the first time that's ever happened...  I don't know - don't blame the messenger -

Still, even if that is not quite right ...it sure has hell felt that way!  Jesus Christ I could not be more turned off and tuned out of this kind of rectal plaque weather and the locals in her egg it on... I mean, in April?  Okay -

Anyway, tomorrow has a classic 'nook beauty' look to it down our way.  The NAM has company in depicting a NW flow of < 50 % cloud level RH, and a T1 to T3 lapse rate going over 14 C at max.  Pretty clear insolation forcing ... it may be razor thin, but, so long as the sun shine (which it will the whole time) it's real, and MOS for BED has 54 F. With light wind ...it has a way of feeling even warmer than it is... 

Fully expect to see gutters quickly evacuating the entrails of this utterly futile, purposely pos winter refrain. 

Archived