Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

13 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

ok i have a science/physics question.

last night had a campfire going. It was a decent fire, nice and hot and lots of coals. at the end of the night, I dumped the ice water from the cooler on the fire to put it out. it mostly went out, but there were still some hot coals off to the side. this morning, over 12 hours later, the ice cubes were in a clump on top of the bed of coals. how is it possible that not only did the ice not melt, but it clumped/froze all together. oh, and the temp never got below 40 here last night.

Ash an efficient insulator?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:51 AM, OceanStWx said:

You know, I was thinking of your location specifically when I expanded the frost advisory yesterday afternoon. I thought no way does northern Franklin freeze without southern getting a frost.

This was worth a chuckle.  The low just barely crept under 30; with an instrument that gave fractions it would probably have been hovering between 29.4 and 29.5, but it goes in the records as 29.

Since this is a pretty boring stretch, what is the most epic fantasy model depiction you can remember (not necessarily that verified)? I think my personal fave is the 12z Euro run on 12/22/12 that ripped a 927mb Sandy into Westerly and ended life in New England as we knew it. I remember it looked like Sandy was gonna slip east, but then the sw behind it dug for oil and captured, eliciting an "omg!" from Ryan and references to the Tsar Bomba from others. I was so keyed up I didn't get diddly done at the office that afternoon. I think there was also a NAM run prior to Feb '13 that dropped like 70" over northeast MA. That was also a good one.

Absolutely horrible what's happened in Manchester, UK tonight.  My heart and prayers go out to all the people that have lost their lives or were there when this happened.  Just horrible, especially with all the kids that were there.  Just awful.

13 hours ago, Hoth said:

Since this is a pretty boring stretch, what is the most epic fantasy model depiction you can remember (not necessarily that verified)? I think my personal fave is the 12z Euro run on 12/22/12 that ripped a 927mb Sandy into Westerly and ended life in New England as we knew it. I remember it looked like Sandy was gonna slip east, but then the sw behind it dug for oil and captured, eliciting an "omg!" from Ryan and references to the Tsar Bomba from others. I was so keyed up I didn't get diddly done at the office that afternoon. I think there was also a NAM run prior to Feb '13 that dropped like 70" over northeast MA. That was also a good one.

I personally love the euro run that gave Provincetown like 51 inches a few days prior to the mid march storm this year. I think verification was basically zero as well.

that damn storm just wouldn't stop coming West 

Also, thanks for all the car advice guys. I ended up purchasing a 2014 Ford Fusion titanium  fully loaded with 40k miles on it for a little over   16k.

I was happy with the price... as it was marked below kbb value.

Really nice vehicle with some cool features I haven't had before. Lane assist, heated and cooled leather seats, heated steering wheel, sun roof, navigation, back up camera, etc etc 

14 hours ago, Hoth said:

There were even better Sandy runs for BOS. A few GFS runs and NOGAPS runs brought it into BOS harbor LOL. That literally would have flooded downtown.

Archived