Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reached 91 at my place, warmest May temp here and first 90+ since 6/25/2005 (11 yr, 11 mo) when it also hit 91.  The 77 at my 9 PM obs time will be today's max, as I expect this morning's breezy 59 will rise 10F or less.  Anticipate some frost advisories from GYX for tomorrow morning - happy spring!  TS last night had just one brief shower (0.01") but offered 30 minutes of beautiful C-to-C bolts and chains, none closer to my ears than about 3 miles.

16 hours ago, MetHerb said:

Tolland High had a max of 93° and that's right next to 84.

FWIW, It looks like my online thermometer hit 95° but I think that runs a degree or two high on some days.  I'll have to see what the thermometer says in my weather shelter for my "official" reading.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust the car thermo either.  That temp is on the highway too. Kind of like being on the tarmac.  lol. 

5 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Sweet jesus, Pittsburg is down to 45.

80 here

I think that's the biggest gradient I've seen, not that I pay that much attention.

It takes a day like this...post frontal downslope here with a full morning of upslope garbage there.

1 hour ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Sweet jesus, Pittsburg is down to 45.

80.1 here

I think that's the biggest gradient I've seen, not that I pay that much attention.

It's 50F at MVL in the valley up here.  Windows slamming shut, trying not to get the heat kicked on.

35 degrees colder than 24 hours ago.  Elevations in the 40s.

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's 50F at MVL in the valley up here.  Windows slamming shut, trying not to get the heat kicked on.

35 degrees colder than 24 hours ago.  Elevations in the 40s.

1 PM:  MHT 87, FVE 48 (with N winds 23)   Of course, FVE only made it up to 89 yesterday.

Archived