Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Had to be outside most of the day.  Down to 84 and it feels borderline cool now... amazing how fast you can acclimate.

I'll have to sleep in one of our rooms tonight... my house is 87.  Having mini splits installed on the 31st. :sun:

Don't forget to enjoy the thunderstorms splitting around you.

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I know my new weather station is off on high temps ,has an aspirated fan but read 100 today, my other station had 98.3, neighbors station had 97.9

Holy crap that's some high end stuff. 

Congrats.

Agree with Coastal on 96F at Blue Hill as being the most impressive ob I've seen so far.  The fact that it's the highest point around too, so not like equal elevation/650ft in a valley bottom that's seeing some compressional warming.  

19 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Out of state--but wife reporting power is out from that complex that is rolling through SVT.  Looks like a tree fell nearby per what she is saying.

I was thinking that line looked good for SVT.  Your area on the immediate west slope gets crushed in summer as Bennington County is a severe magnet.  Good orographic lift of warm humid air into an already stout convective line...boom.

I've noticed that the evening dews can make it feel worse to me than it does in the afternoon.  

At 4:40pm it was 86/52 and then a couple t-storms rolled through to moisten the low levels.  Then dews came up into the mid/upper 60s as the temps dropped. 

Now its 65/64 and that increase in dews feels more summery than the 85-90 ambient temps this afternoon for some reason to me.

2 minutes ago, bobbutts said:

that's weird, I'm all the way down to 79

I'm bouncing around depending on the wind/mixing. A few good puffs jumps me into the 80s. If it goes light for a few mins I drop a few degrees. Maybe I can get a heat burst. ;)

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I'm bouncing around depending on the wind/mixing. A few good puffs jumps me into the 80s. If it goes light for a few mins I drop a few degrees. Maybe I can get a heat burst. ;)

Guess so here too.  I'm back to 80 now..

Archived