Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

Just had our yearly severe weather simulated warning event. Our SOO chose 7/18/16 for the event, so training may be the best event of this year too.

It was the event that @wx2fish passed along damage pictures up in Pittsburg. So I did manage some small lead time on the tornado because I recognized that as I saw the couplet forming. 

Cheater!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

In all seriousness, I'm glad you guys took a look at that. In a place where we don't average many tornadoes, everyone counts. I bet Wx2fish is like a proud papa for that one. :lol:

I think I'm more impressed by his pictures the day after we surveyed, when he got a canoe down river for more fishing and found even more damage. 

Hindsight, yeah I can see why it was a tornado, but in real time I'm not sure you can argue with not issuing at TOR either (it is like 8,000 feet AGL up there). But it did have a 35 knot Vr shear couplet.

Just now, bobbutts said:

94 here.

Big bust by gyx as has become typical for warm days.  I was forecast mid 80's today.  Sometimes I feel like I just get the Portland forecast pasted on my area.

Or MOS typically busts this time of year. 

It's a lazy forecast (rip and read) but we're not ignoring you. 

Archived