• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

One helluva shortwave showing up on guidance around day 4. Those areas hit by flooding rains in Mississippi valley area into southern Indiana and southern Illinois are going to want to watch this closely--could be another soaker on top of already-high rivers/Lakes/streams. If that ULL over the GL continues to back off this guy will be able to go to town down there...

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So Phil talked to his friend who is an Entomologist. He said that the fungus will not work this year due to the severity of the gypsy moth outbreak 

That is odd because that is exactly what stopped the 1983 super outbreak, much worse than last year and in one day they were all dead

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Gorgeous here with a nice breeze

Yea I mean that's some serious dry/ sinking air getting sucked into the UL circulation and into the area; the WV loop is all you need to see..Those dews are going to plummet, pretty much area wide over the next 3-6 hours.

25 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Really? ORH looks like it's already enjoying some sun.

We don't live in ORH. It's pouring right now. I know it's the backedge, but it's after 2pm. Some sun at 4pm doesn't salvage this dumpsterfire for me.

35 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We don't live in ORH. It's pouring right now. I know it's the backedge, but it's after 2pm. Some sun at 4pm doesn't salvage this dumpsterfire for me.

Well call me an optimist but sun sets at 8 pm, and the last of the showers have passed, so I'm planning to fire up the BBQ pretty soon.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

BINOVC here. I'm with Brian...sun after 3 doesn't exactly save the day...but I suppose better than nothing.

Yeah...I mean I'll take it too, but I was hoping to get some breaks by noon. The rain hung on for a few hours longer than I hoped. The sun is out now so hopefully we can dry out the lawn a bit. I'd like to get the first mowing in tomorrow.

On satellite ... talk about something out of nothing  ...this day made chicken salad out of chicken schit for western zones and CT ... by narrow slice of dry slot punching N. 

It was modeled though.  I remember the Euro and NAM both with <50% RH in the 700 mb level on this eastern flank of the trough axis over the last 24-hours of runs. 

Tomorrow may "Fake" our way to a mild day under goodly hot sun... but I'm just looking at these FRH grid numbers over BOS for Monday and it's really amazing to see this sort of thermal profile happening in May with almost full sun.  54000496925 -0611 082614 35 08 00 92

Edit, NOT full sun...in fact, it may be mostly destructively overcast and that look appeals like virga shredded OVC; whether we see flakes or not...what's the difference in my mind. That's an abusively out-of-season p.o.s. day there -

Middle and high clouds along with rain have past me.  Cu zooming by a few hundred feet above the house.  Good south wind blowing.  61F

Yesterday we had some of that crazy wind from S VT.  An hour of very strong wind.  Old Davis only measured a gust to 33mph but it was roaring in the trees but trees with small leaves are now sheltering it to some degree.   Lots of small branches around.  I was really surprised at how windy it got for a short while and then it was gone.  Maybe whatever happened in S VT moved northeast as it weakened but it was very noticeable up here on the hill.

Total rainfall so far with this system  1.25"ish

Timelapse from past hour or so...

https://video.nest.com/clip/4d67d1067e204167ad6f2a07be4fd6a3.mp4

33 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

BINOVC here. I'm with Brian...sun after 3 doesn't exactly save the day...but I suppose better than nothing.

I think it's largely about the context and expectations. I def wasn't looking for sun by noon this time yesterday. And considering the massive trough overhead and miserable weather just to our west in upstate NY and PA, I'll take it.

2 hours ago, jbenedet said:

Yea I mean that's some serious dry/ sinking air getting sucked into the UL circulation and into the area; the WV loop is all you need to see..Those dews are going to plummet, pretty much area wide over the next 3-6 hours.

clouded back up 62/52

lol...of all people to troll over pictures. I actually took many pics, but they don't do it justice. I would've posted one, but I had a bunch of errands to run after locking the birds up and stores close early up here. Here's an ipad panoramo for ya.

IMG_3001.PNG

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

lol...of all people to troll over pictures. I actually took many pics, but they don't do it justice. I would've posted one, but I had a bunch of errands to run after locking the birds up and stores close early up here. Here's an ipad panoramo for ya.

IMG_3001.PNG

about time you posted a decent pic

Archived