Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

20 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Well a new weenie has been born in the Nogueira family. Mom and baby are doing well. I don't know how women do it. I will never complain about getting a cold in front of her again. :lol:

Congratulations!  The 2nd one is always easier.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Here's a good bird sighting for you guys.  Friend of mine took this last year in Concord Mass. in her neighborhood.  Don't see this too often either.  

Eagle.jpg

That's epic. So glad we chose that as our national bird over the turkey. My only ornithological claim to fame is that I once spotted a rare prothonotary warbler years and years ago. 

Was 31F when I went to bed but only 28F when I woke up.  Guess it makes sense as the summit is in the upper 20s and we usually radiate to their readings and then hold.  Thought we might go lower, but holy frost.  Looked like it snowed.

Anyway, 7 hours below freezing overnight in the valley to welcome the new vegetation that opened up the past several days.

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Was 31F when I went to bed but only 28F when I woke up.  Guess it makes sense as the summit is in the upper 20s and we usually radiate to their readings and then hold.  Thought we might go lower, but holy frost.  Looked like it snowed.

Anyway, 7 hours below freezing overnight in the valley to welcome the new vegetation that opened up the past several days.

I think we may have pulled 28s at HIE, BML, and SFM

21 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Well a new weenie has been born in the Nogueira family. Mom and baby are doing well. I don't know how women do it. I will never complain about getting a cold in front of her again. :lol:

congrats

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Thanks...I think...lol

I saw a 24 at SLK too. I'm going to start keeping a northfield hollow sensor. I'll did a deep, wide hole down and put an unshielded sensor in it. 

Kevin sort of has done the opposite. Put your Davis on a black, moist, and mulched area. 

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

Babies, birthday's congrats to all that are celebrating...

Rushing to completion for spring projects before the monsoons set in..

Toasty low of 38.7F up on the hill.  Noted Alex up in Bretton Woods NH had a 27.3F on his thermometer...

Right in line with 27F at HIE. 

49 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I saw 30.4F on my home thermo at 6AM    Local WxUnderground site had 29.3F    

Wish it would kill the blackflies

nothing short of a nuclear holocaust kills those things (and ticks too) 

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There's no mulch in that bed. Zero 

If you have something covering the ground other than grass for a bed, it's mulch:

" a protective covering (as of sawdust, compost, or paper) spread or left on the ground to reduce evaporation, maintain even soil temperature, prevent erosion, control weeds, enrich the soil "

2 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

If you have something covering the ground other than grass for a bed, it's mulch:

" a protective covering (as of sawdust, compost, or paper) spread or left on the ground to reduce evaporation, maintain even soil temperature, prevent erosion, control weeds, enrich the soil "

I don't have any cover in the bed. It's all shrubs and annuals and pacisandra 

6 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

I think we may have pulled 28s at HIE, BML, and SFM

About the same at my place.  Truck roof still frosty 75 minutes past sunrise.  Of course, last frost average date here is 5/24 so seeing it 20 days earlier isn't very unusual.

Wish it would kill the blackflies

Nooooo!  Their larvae feed the brook trout.  (Ticks?  Unmitigated eeeevil!)

Archived