joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cooked 2.36lbs of steak on the grill tonight...plus 1 hamburger, gotta make everyone happy...paired up with potato salad and a green salad.

The grill didn't blow up and there were no surprise wasp nests waiting for me as I unburied the grill for the first time this season :)

10 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

I cooked 2.36lbs of steak on the grill tonight...plus 1 hamburger, gotta make everyone happy...paired up with potato salad and a green salad.

The grill didn't blow up and there were no surprise wasp nests waiting for me as I unburied the grill for the first time this season :)

It's ALWAYS grilling season!

15965743_1092713810837338_8369745870641155711_n.jpg

There's actually a CDC -warned tick scare afoot too - 

Apparently there are tick-borne pathogens not previously thought to be part of our environment now showing up and some of these are gnarly disturbing. Like that brain eating one - egh.  Some woman in Maine was a vibrant middle aged Mom ...sacked inside of week's time or something.  Not sure of the 'sciency' details but that's the gist.

Probably another example of how GW is altering the nature of things. There are species migrations immigrating too - just just humans.  Heh.   

27 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Thanks guys. It's a girl. So we were shooting for a game time decision on a name, but it didn't go quite as planned. That will be today's task. If only labor went like the movies.

how does that decision happen, you know - 

like, what ever you stick to the child ...they carry their WHOLE LIFE life life

7 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

I'd like to announce an epic bird sighting today, something I've never seen before and will probably never see again.  It even crushes Brians double-buntings from last year.  I'll let the suspense build until I get the images off my camera for tonight's big reveal.

I figured out what bird that was that I mentioned seeing a few weeks ago. Black crowned night heron. Was neat to see.

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

how does that decision happen, you know - 

like, what ever you stick to the child ...they carry their WHOLE LIFE life life

We have named picked out but like with our son..we didn't completely agree and wanted to wait until she came. But my wife was in no state to do that this time.

11 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

I'd like to announce an epic bird sighting today, something I've never seen before and will probably never see again.  It even crushes Brians double-buntings from last year.  I'll let the suspense build until I get the images off my camera for tonight's big reveal.

Highly unlikely

Archived