Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Whineminster said:

Ya, been socked in here all day with lots of misery mist.  Nice spring day....again. 

I want to move to Florida or AZ....cheap houses...cheap taxes...cheap gas....cheap women. 

I do love me some FL, but don't think I'd live there at this point

Also, the most expensive gas station in the US ( I think) is near MCO. They routinely charge $6/gallon or more

I could only do FL if I had a house on the beach...otherwise nope. Those summers are brutal. I figured if I could afford a beach house in FL, I could escape to ski country for several weeks per winter to get my snow fix, lol.

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I could only do FL if I had a house on the beach...otherwise nope. Those summers are brutal. I figured if I could afford a beach house in FL, I could escape to ski country for several weeks per winter to get my snow fix, lol.

Its really not that bad here, hot and humid days come with a afternoon seabreeze vs stale humid air in New England. Like cold winter days  In New England you dont go out side here if its too hot. 

6 minutes ago, Modfan said:

Its really not that bad here, hot and humid days come with a afternoon seabreeze vs stale humid air in New England. Like cold winter days  In New England you dont go out side here if its too hot. 

Truth.  Humidity in FL is much more bearable than an 81/72 day here imho.  I'll take a 95/72 day over the mank we get

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I found the opposite in FL. I was always surprised when I saw the dew point was "only" 74 or 75. It felt so much worse. 

I didn't think a near 80F dew in APF was too bad with the constant coastal breeze. Get 10 miles inland and it's a dead, suffocating heat. 

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Not to mention that state is fooked up on a people scale. 

Quoted for truth. 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I didn't think a near 80F dew in APF was too bad with the constant coastal breeze. Get 10 miles inland and it's a dead, suffocating heat. 

Quoted for truth. 

I will say the breeze helps on the coast, agree. But those mornings getting up in MCO when my grandmother had a house there...Oye. At least you get some good convection there in the summer. As a kid, that's the most exciting reason why I wanted to go to FL in the summer. :weenie:

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Okay ...(haha) ...why?   ....what does this mean exactly - seriously

I don't mean to bash the state, but it's loaded with crazies. Maybe it's the combo of rich, poor, young, and old that have this massive clash on a socio-economic scale.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't mean to bash the state, but it's loaded with crazies. Maybe it's the combo of rich, poor, young, and old that have this massive clash on a socio-economic scale.

There's a reason why Fark has a tag simply named Florida.

spent the last 3 days a bit north of PBI, blowing 15G30 just about the whole time which made 85/73 type stuff tolerable and pleasant, especially compared to the valley where we stagnate all too often.  As good as it was to get early beach days in and 79 degree water, driving around back home today with the blossoms out all around and the light green haze of new leaves reminded me what a beautiful place we live in.  The underrated foliage season.

DDC with the latest 1"+ on record (POR back to 1893) by over two weeks. In the deepest part of the snow temps were knocked down some 15 degrees today.

Not sure how long this loop will be active but it's pretty cool to watch the erosion of snow in real time (http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/templates/loop_directory.asp?data_folder=dev/lindsey/loops/1may17_band2&image_width=640&image_height=480&loop_speed_ms=60)

Archived