Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Nice!  The BTV bike trail along the lake is sweet.  Some of the best views in New England with the Adirondacks rising above the Lake on the western side.  Best sunsets in New England by far...hopefully you're down by the lake for that this evening.

If you bike far enough you can get out on the Colchester Causeway.

The Causeway is connected to the BTV bike path but it is probably the coolest rec path in New England.  Out in the middle of the Lake with nothing around.

That looks fantastic. We made it to Colchester but didn't go that far. Had we known that existed we probably would've kept going. The trail was beautiful. Next time we have to come in season and get out on the lake in some kayaks. 

That wind got intense for a time. I see peak winds were near 35-40kts, but we had one gust that really caught my attention and made me bring my son inside after some branches start falling. That was definitely one of the strongest this year. I did not expect that. Off of 48.7 for the low. 49.6 now.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That wind got intense for a time. I see peak winds were near 35-40kts, but we had one gust that really caught my attention and made me bring my son inside after some branches start falling. That was definitely one of the strongest this year. I did not expect that. Off of 48.7 for the low. 49.6 now.

I just noticed that my low was 41.3.  I'll take the warmth at this point.

48 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

If I had known I would have given you all a heads up.  At the time it blew through here I just thought it was an anamoulous microscale phenomenon.  We had 25-35 mph gusts for about 45 minutes with one gust that was of the "oh $hit" variety. Seeing the comments here, it looks like the same sequence of events affected much of the region as the BD pushed south yesterday evening.

16 hours ago, DomNH said:

They're both great but I agree Sip is better. 

15 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Heady is no longer good. SoS is better than that . Any Trillium is far better than both and Treehouse is at the top. You're still in the entry level of IPA's. We all follow the same progressuon. You'll see. 

The "Two Juicy" from Two Roads makes some of the Trillium and Treehouse offerings look like amateur hour.  Tight, balanced, juicy and delicious.  

IMG_1144.thumb.JPG.85cdcd886bde351686004c4910fca6e1.JPG

Archived