Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I think past behavior speaks volumes as well. Not long ago you called me an azzhole and questioned my intelligence.  I read your entire exchange with Steve.  Arguing over humidity is fine.   Call people idiots if you want.  

Stay classy Ayer

And, right - you're doing it right now.  It also shows that you are typing from a position of bias'. You weren't even in that conversation and opened your yap - what does that say about class?

I'm sure you feel justified, no doubt, but like so many others in the public stew of social media that is weakly moderated... you elide your own involvement in matters that foment adversarily exchanges.. Your brand is then hide to behind the word class, without ever smelling your own garbage.  Hypocrite.

Just shut up.  You don't own any echelon as some position of authority on content-related matters. I've proven logically here that you were out of line -  

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

And, right - you're doing it right now.  It also shows that you are typing from a position of bias'. You weren't even in that conversation and opened your yap - what does that say about class?

I'm sure you feel justified, no doubt, but like so many others in the public stew of social media that is weakly moderated... you elide your own involvement in matters that foment adversarily exchanges.. Your brand is then hide to behind the word class, without ever smelling your own garbage.  Hypocrite.

Just shut up.  You don't own any echelon as some position of authority on content-related matters. I've proven logically here that you were out of line -  

What makes you resort to such animosity in a discussion? You often psychoanalyze posts or the board in general. Have you ever stepped back and reflected on your own venom that you spew?  

If you start something with me for no reason (as you did...I think it was in January...a discussion about celebrity deaths of all things), I think it involves me. To see you continuing to do it to people I personally know will result in me mentioning it.  

If you feel "class" is not the proper term, then call it dignity, grace, politeness.  I don't give a ****. The post I quoted did not show any of those. I am not policing anyone. It is what it is and people see it.

Perhaps you called his intelligence into question as a joke. If that is the case, then I offer an apology. If it was how you meant it, fine. Stand by it.  I will figure out how to put you on ignore and feel free to do the same to me.  At some point you will wind up arguing with yourself.

For now, enjoy this amazing late Napril wx while we have it, because this won't be around again for a little while.

2 hours ago, jbenedet said:

Guidance is backing off on the BD here tomorrow. Looks like a high around 60. I'll take it. If most of the clouds stay confined to Northern NNE --as I think they will--I may be at risk of having another very nice day in April...

or maybe ...it's just so aggressive we improve for being so deep in it the skies clear.. ha!

Just kidding but...it is harder to delineate between the two when sun gets involved...  What outdoorsy types don't want is the lower DP air hang up under clouds and rain ... At this time of year what we wind up with is bands of 40s, with 60s on one side, and 80s on the other.

6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

What makes you resort to such animosity in a discussion? You often psychoanalyze posts or the board in general. Have you ever stepped back and reflected on your own venom that you spew?  

If you start something with me for no reason (as you did...I think it was in January...a discussion about celebrity deaths of all things), I think it involves me. To see you continuing to do it to people I personally know will result in me mentioning it.  

If you feel "class" is not the proper term, then call it dignity, grace, politeness.  I don't give a ****. The post I quoted did not show any of those. I am not policing anyone. It is what it is and people see it.

Perhaps you called his intelligence into question as a joke. If that is the case, then I offer an apology. If it was how you meant it, fine. Stand by it.  I will figure out how to put you on ignore and feel free to do the same to me.  At some point you will wind up arguing with yourself.

For now, enjoy this amazing late Napril wx while we have it, because this won't be around again for a little while.

Just toward certain people with agenda ;) 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

BTW, here is a map I made of the April 28-29, 1987 storm a few years back....hard to believe it's the 30 year anniversary of that one.

That was awesome... I remember that ( I may be wrong?) as not being particularly well forecast.  I remember rain flipped to snow mid afternoon and it just kept getting to the next inch unexpectedly where I lived in Acton as a youngin'

It feels humid here, today. Mid 70s to the canal and over the bridge into sandwich. These are the first noticeable dews of the season. I'm sure in July-August these dews would be comfortable, but in the early season you can feel it as the body starts to get acclimated. The grass has greened up super quick, dandelions are out. Maples are flowering, azaleas and rhododendrons are flowering. Oak buds are swelling up and coming to life. Gnats or black flies are out, peepers are super loud. We are Sping.

So for folks who have been through the process, how much do car dealerships generally mark up on cars?

Meaning, how much can they/ will they come down off initial asking price.

I have been pre approved for an auto loan at a rate that I feel is good for me, and I expressed this to them over email.

I basicaly said, I'm in a position to buy, and just want to know what your lowest offer is. No bull crap basically. I also said that I am prepared to go elsewhere if the current numbers aren't negotiable.

My goal is to basicaly go to the dealer to pick up the car and finalize paper work.. am I handling this correctly?

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

So for folks who have been through the process, how much do car dealerships generally mark up on cars?

Meaning, how much can they/ will they come down off initial asking price.

I have been pre approved for an auto loan at a rate that I feel is good for me, and I expressed this to them over email.

I basicaly said, I'm in a position to buy, and just want to know what your lowest offer is. No bull crap basically. I also said that I am prepared to go elsewhere if the current numbers aren't negotiable.

My goal is to basicaly go to the dealer to pick up the car and finalize paper work.. am I handling this correctly?

Ask for the dealer invoice amount for that car,  many places will show it to you. If not, go elsewhere.  There are dealer incentives that don't show on the invoice so you can at times get a vehicle below that invoice.  I generally try to get just a couple of hundred above that figure but it depends.   There are online sites that will basically show what other people are paying for the same vehicle

27 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Ask for the dealer invoice amount for that car,  many places will show it to you. If not, go elsewhere.  There are dealer incentives that don't show on the invoice so you can at times get a vehicle below that invoice.  I generally try to get just a couple of hundred above that figure but it depends.   There are online sites that will basically show what other people are paying for the same vehicle

Thanks... yeah from what I've seen there are numerous ways they make money that most people don't know about. I've also seen they can come down usually 1-2k and still make a decent profit.

I get they need to make money, but I refuse to get screwed like I did 5 years ago (which was mostly my fault) for not educating myself 

Yesterday was the anniversary of the late April 2010 snowstorm up this way.

Snow amounts were up to 2 feet on the west slopes.  This was the forecast amounts that were a little low along the west slope if I remember correctly.

27APR10E.jpg

I wasn't living in Stowe at that time but have plenty of photos on the external hard drive. 

Here's a friend photo who was living in Stowe at the time...not bad for the end of April but this east side had about half the snowfall the west side had.

13096289_10205907997570010_1634803117867

23 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Spending the weeeknd in BTV and finally got to try some Sip of Sunshine and Heady Topper. Nice late spring weather too. Perfect for hanging out by the lake and riding the bike trail.

Which was your favorite? My personal take is that Sunshine>Heady, but after trying some Trillium brews last weekend I think those win overall. 

Front seems to have blasted through here...  Winds accelerated for a few minutes and the temp's knocking back a bit...  This appears to be a primary boundary, then a back up defused BD relay for the total passage.  It'll glide down on through the 70s into the 60s over the next couple hours, then at some point later in the evening/overnight we get the NE/E turn and the 15 to 20 F kerplunk. NAM still insisting on 52 at BVY. It looks like conditions should be sun and mix debris overcast tomorrow, but the NAM also insists on dank. 

The upshot should more sun prevail tho ...  At this time of year, even 54 in the interior is gorgeous when the sun bathes.  We'll see if this is abyssal gray/mist variety or if some sun can offset the theft -

46 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Spending the weeeknd in BTV and finally got to try some Sip of Sunshine and Heady Topper. Nice late spring weather too. Perfect for hanging out by the lake and riding the bike trail.

Nice!  The BTV bike trail along the lake is sweet.  Some of the best views in New England with the Adirondacks rising above the Lake on the western side.  Best sunsets in New England by far...hopefully you're down by the lake for that this evening.

If you bike far enough you can get out on the Colchester Causeway.

The Causeway is connected to the BTV bike path but it is probably the coolest rec path in New England.  Out in the middle of the Lake with nothing around.

Path.thumb.jpe.f4459c70499cd8f65736643db32fa9e2.jpe

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Just spent the last two hours at the town ball fields.  Winds became quite strong, knocking over chairs, blowing pitches all over.

temps dropping a bit

We had some boundary move through here with a wind shift from SW to N and a few sprinkles a couple hours ago.  Been gusty most of the afternoon in the 20-30mph range based on MVL.

High of 71F just before the boundary and now 65/40 with breezes out of the northwest.

To me this is just beautiful right now though.  Partly sunny and 65F with a dew of 40F is about as comfortable as it gets to me for late April.  Now this is some seasons in seasons gold.

11 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

The days of my 20s and just trying to lift Volkswagens are gone. I'm happy with my strength, but I need to incorporate more cardio, with the weights. I hate cardio, but it's a must.

Total opposite here. Was an endurance athlete from the get go, but loath leg day. Balance and variety is definitely essential as I push into the mid-thirties.

Archived