Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Today was one of the biggest busts in a long time . Every met, model. Horrific on all accounts 

Panned out exactly as planned up here...as all the mets and NWS had too.

Cloudy, cool, rain showers in the valleys mixing with snow showers in the highest elevations.  That's been the forecast since Tuesday/Wednesday.

8 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Not a bad day here, stayed dry, ceiling gradually lifted all day. Six hours faster would have made a huge difference up here--glimmer of pink sky through the breaking clouds as the sun is setting. Looking forward to tomorrow. 

Just gorgeous here, not. tomorrow/Mon should be ace, which is great because they are my days off

High Low Average
Temperature 49.4 °F 42.7 °F 46.1 °F
Dew Point 47 °F 42 °F 44.5 °F
Humidity 98% 88% 96%
Precipitation 0.12 in -- --

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah pretty good consensus of us saying Sunday was the day of the weekend.  Was a very easy call with the upper level trough overhead.

Not in SNE.. Every outlet had sun and clouds and low- mid 60's. Must have been 20 people at  least that asked me what happened today with all the rain and why did forecasts all have sun at our 3 soccer games today..I mean we had soaking downpours at our noon game. Just a bad bad forecast thruout the community 

13 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

That how you view Parisians?  This isn't 30 years ago. Very fashionable city.  Love the ease of access via Metro and pedestrian friendly streets.  There are cafes and restaurants everywhere.  The arts, architecture, history, museums, vistas are all incredible.  Only think I have found lacking is the beer scene.  

Speaking of carbs, the bread. Every meal comes with amazing bread in this French overseas protectorate. 

I think tonight will be fromage, canard, and glacés. Maybe some rosé from Rangiroa.

14 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

We're fine although we were in the area the day before for breakfast and site seeing.  The city is extremely safe. It city averages less than 100 murders a year over the past decade with even less in the past few years. 

130 were murdered in 1 day

The attackers killed 130 people, including 89 at the Bataclan theatre. Another 368 people were injured, almost 100 seriously. Seven of the attackers also died

Epic war being waged this present hour between the seasonally incalcitrant airmass and the sun.  

MOS' still saying upper 60s around SNE environs for this afternoon; it's just now succeeding 50.  Yesterday I speculated that today had a MOS bust look to it...thinking we'd tack 2 to 3 F on the machine guidance, but clearly as this slow take off is showing, only having one sun isn't enough to overcome the hell-bent intent of the Earth to keep NE as the only heat sink across 15 years of solid and accelerating Global Warming..  (that's tongue-in-cheek for the knee jerk literals) 

There is some truth to that sarcasm though..  about the yearly averages resulting in our being region close to a cool one relative to all.  I'd really like to know why this 'blue node' over us and/or adjacent eastern Canada that is painted on NASA's annual state of the environment address that comes out every January (the one where they illustrate the layout of positive and negative temperature anomalies in red -vs- blue in Mercator projection) seems to always be there. Sometimes the focal point drifts off but it is never far and we are always close enough to be part of it.  

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The ground is pretty damp. Once we evaporate off the moisture I think we'll still push 70F.

Yea I'm in agreement there. Shouldn't take long--RH levels at the surface are qute dry already. Nothing to stop the sun today; wind or cloud wise. The low level fog was burned off within 10 min of sunrise. 

4 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Yea I'm in agreement there. Shouldn't take long--RH levels at the surface are qute dry already. Nothing to stop the sun today; wind or cloud wise. The low level fog was burned off within 10 min of sunrise. 

We'll probably have a magic hour where the temp jumps the most out of the 6-hourly climb.  Probably see some modest breeze kick in when that happens ...heralding the final annihilation of the surface inversion.  

Again... tongue-in-cheek, but to see that full unabated sun in its utter purity with stagnated temperatures holding in the low 50s the last hour down my way is pretty intriguing -

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

We'll probably have a magic hour where the temp jumps the most out of the 6-hourly climb.  Probably see some modest breeze kick in when that happens ...heralding the final annihilation of the surface inversion.  

Again... tongue-in-cheek, but to see that full unabated sun in its utter purity with stagnated temperatures holding in the low 50s the last hour down my way is pretty intriguing -

We were drying out slowly all day yesterday--emphasis on slowly--so we hit the ground running today. That inversion already looks toast--jumping from 36 to 52 in 3 hours at Rochester, NH.

http://w1.weather.gov/obhistory/KDAW.html

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Epic war being waged this present hour between the seasonally incalcitrant airmass and the sun.  

MOS' still saying upper 60s around SNE environs for this afternoon; it's just now succeeding 50.  Yesterday I speculated that today had a MOS bust look to it...thinking we'd tack 2 to 3 F on the machine guidance, but clearly as this slow take off is showing, only having one sun isn't enough to overcome the hell-bent intent of the Earth to keep NE as the only heat sink across 15 years of solid and accelerating Global Warming..  (that's tongue-in-cheek for the knee jerk literals) 

There is some truth to that sarcasm though..  about the yearly averages resulting in our being region close to a cool one relative to all.  I'd really like to know why this 'blue node' over us and/or adjacent eastern Canada that is painted on NASA's annual state of the environment address that comes out every January (the one where they illustrate the layout of positive and negative temperature anomalies in red -vs- blue in Mercator projection) seems to always be there. Sometimes the focal point drifts off but it is never far and we are always close enough to be part of it.  

The 2nd order and 3rd order effects could prove to be fascinating around here. I could see a warmer GOM being a boon to the mountains of NNE, and incredible snowfall accumulations becoming a regularity into southern Quebec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. To me, how this warming plays into Miller B cyclogenesis in New England will be key in determining how winter climatology will be impacted in the region. Perhaps Miller B's will regularly be big enough for the far interior...Who knows...the next 10 years will be intriguing in this part of the world to say the least...

59 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

We were drying out slowly all day yesterday--emphasis on slowly--so we hit the ground running today. That inversion already looks toast--jumping from 36 to 52 in 3 hours at Rochester, NH.

http://w1.weather.gov/obhistory/KDAW.html

No trouble rising up here.

30F at MVL with freezing fog at 6-7am and just hit 50F at 11am.

Averaging around 5F per hour rises.

70 and FIT and ASH ...  fwiw, they were 66 and 67 in recent machine numbers - 

both cranking mid 70s now for tomorrow.  Again with the low DPs... we still haven't seen the seasonal theta-e recovery.  Probably need to cross the bio-mass in green-up, to where the moisture fixing comes back to the party.  

Otherwise, we go from 72 sere to 44 saturation events, like that which will plague the mid week.  

Archived