Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday's 74 took 3" from the leftover snow, and 2" more gone overnight, down to 7" and at this stage it will be only "T" by Wednesday.  SDDs may finish in a dead heat with 13-14 for 2nd highest, though far behind 07-08.  Wood frogs began "quacking" last evening and at church in Farmington the peepers were in full cry.  Another very minor flood warning for the lower Kennebec, perhaps enough to re-wash the lowest part of the Front Street parking.

30 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Wednesday looks like a nasty backdoor cold front 

The BD looks more like tomorrow although it may be only ENE stuck under the overcast...we'll see. Wed is more of a return flow deal. Regardless we're back to more typical spring weather.

Just now, dendrite said:

The BD looks more like tomorrow although it may be only ENE stuck under the overcast...we'll see. Wed is more of a return flow deal. Regardless we're back to more typical spring weather.

It's a tough call.  NAM MOS for DXR has 56 (12z run) for a high on Wednesday, however, 2M temps barely get out of the mid-40's.  GFS struggles to get above 50F.  We do get a very, very light southerly flow which develops as the day progresses but isobars have a strong east-to-west kink too them.  Looks like we get stuck in like a easterly or southeasterly flow around 2,000' which yields low clouds and maybe drizzle?

I know a lot of folks here are into healthy eating and stuff like that... so I have a few questions.

My eating habits have kind of gotten away from me recently and I plan on making a diet/lifestyle change.

What are some good meals to have? Chicken seems to be a popular choice... but is here any other meats that can be used? Also... what can be put on the meat for seasoning?

For breakfast I plan on having plain yogurt with strawberries and blueberries.... with some granola.

Basicaly... it's seems like all vegetables are in play to go with the meat portion of meals. I plan on doing some sweet potato... as well as basicallly all other common vegetables.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions? Most of what I've found is chicken related. I don't think it would be good to have just chicken for lunch and dinner

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

I'm pretty sure I just got a backdoor fropa on Bora Bora. Came out of the southeast though, it's all backwards down here.

The mists aren't so miserable.

IMG_0225.thumb.JPG.ed48f2e4ddeb5963b12954cc54a6eba4.JPG

52 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I know a lot of folks here are into healthy eating and stuff like that... so I have a few questions.

My eating habits have kind of gotten away from me recently and I plan on making a diet/lifestyle change.

What are some good meals to have? Chicken seems to be a popular choice... but is here any other meats that can be used? Also... what can be put on the meat for seasoning?

For breakfast I plan on having plain yogurt with strawberries and blueberries.... with some granola.

Basicaly... it's seems like all vegetables are in play to go with the meat portion of meals. I plan on doing some sweet potato... as well as basicallly all other common vegetables.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions? Most of what I've found is chicken related. I don't think it would be good to have just chicken for lunch and dinner

Red meat, lean, organic source (that means live feed and non-GMO raised), once a week.

Chicken and fish interchanging; chicken two times, fish two times.   

No servings of meat larger than your palm, or thicker than twice the distance of your index finger.

If you are counting, that leaves two days a week with no meat source that that is correct.  Those days should be primarily vegetarian ... Cheese is a wild card.  I go by the principle that that foods that occur closer to the way they are in nature, are always better, and many cheeses are dairy too far removed from that form.  Simple sources of plain non-fabricated cheese, in small doses can be healthy.

There is growing bodies of research that show simple correlations exist between the consumption of organic raised beans and longevity. Your vegetarian days should have have servings of these. There are plenty of ways to cook beans and combined then with spices that is both delicious and filling.

Otherwise, super foods as sides, where none allergic (not including fish if you've already included a source above).  

Also, very important to get exercise, hydration, and sleep. 

And above all else, PORTION CONTROL!  ... I once heard a story about an obese patient who cried to his doctor about gaining weight, "...Despite only eating oranges for a week straight."   The doctor asks, "How many oranges did you eat?"   The patient responds, "74"...   Um, yeah - you eat 74 anything, you're on your way to cankles and false mammaries... 

Adopt this with military precision, no exceptions, and keep at it and eventually you'll see and feel so many physical dividends that you can be rest assured, if it is something you come back from you need medical or mental intervention - which most people in reality don't need. They suffer from fullofschitness disease.  An ailment that is pretty much restricted to those raised under the parasol of western cultural influences.  

54 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I'm pretty sure I just got a backdoor fropa on Bora Bora. Came out of the southeast though, it's all backwards down here.

The mists aren't so miserable.

IMG_0225.thumb.JPG.ed48f2e4ddeb5963b12954cc54a6eba4.JPG

Classic Bahama Blue sky there... You got your dark bottom CU with brightly lit towers, right stenciled next to some of the deepest blue you'll find anywhere on the planet. 

We actually get that here sometimes in mid to late summer when there's a weakens in the mid levels parked over the Apps. and the deep layer flow channels from near Cuba all the way up to Maine.  

I've often wondered if a hurricane were to get caught up in that tropical rail way pattern ... never seems to happen though. I think I see that pattern set up maybe, once every three years and never has there ever even been so much as an Invest lurking down there when it has.  I wonder why that is.  Perhaps there's something about that set up that seems good on paper but is endemic to TCs...  hm. who knows - 

Hey Weatherwiz ... 

You should monitor Thursday afternoon...  That's certainly a close enough situation to warrant keeping any eye.  

Some of the models jam a warm wedge up into SNE ...about to a S. VT/NH latitude as it is, with the Euro close enough to watch for that. It's important because it has the some of the climo markers with overrunning rains/convection plausible at down, then warm front lifts up and then mid level wind max/destabilization and cfropa late in the day or evening. 

It's not a high confidence scenario, but it is a flat wave toting a bit of a warm sector through the southern Lakes the prior day and typically..if it pops near Detroit you watch Worcester the next day.  

11 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Classic Bahama Blue sky there... You got your dark bottom CU with brightly lit towers, right stenciled next to some of the deepest blue you'll find anywhere on the planet. 

We actually get that here sometimes in mid to late summer when there's a weakens in the mid levels parked over the Apps. and the deep layer flow channels from near Cuba all the way up to Maine.  

I've often wondered if a hurricane were to get caught up in that tropical rail way pattern ... never seems to happen though. I think I see that pattern set up maybe, once every three years and never has there ever even been so much as an Invest lurking down there when it has.  I wonder why that is.  Perhaps there's something about that set up that seems good on paper but is endemic to TCs...  hm. who knows - 

Bora Bora's nowhere near the Bahamas. And the clouds look much heavier than the Caribbean region...more like a backdoor cold front/sea breeze rather than the isolated TCUs asdociated with convection in the Caribbean.

Archived