Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep...ORH has a dewpoint of 35F...might get electrocuted if you aren't careful, lol.

Yeah we did a 50F diurnal spread yesterday at 78/28....only times of year we can do that is early Spring and late Fall usually with no greenery.  Like late October after leaves have changed and this time of year before stuff gets popping.

Got my first real tan of the season from just walking around the yard picking up downed limbs and raking. What a turnaround from this time last week! It looks like we touched 83 or 84 this afternoon which is pretty amazing considering we're only 4 or 5 miles from the ocean.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

How accurate are these? I was just in BDR for lunch and that 59 must be broken cuz it felt like 89.

Or maybe the wind shifted.  Seven years ago (April 7), I was watching the Fore River in PWM while waiting for my wife's knee surgery to finish, when about 4 PM the wind shifted from E to W, and in 15 minutes the PWM temp went from 59 to 84.

Flood warnings for the Kennebec Skowhegan to Augusta.  Only minor, Augusta peak forecast at 14.5', which is 2.5 above flood.  West side parking lots get their annual washing.

25 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

I would think the lack of foliage in the region and how this relates to evapotranspiration may have helped us tack on a few extra degrees today...

We're cooked in SE NH. Car thermometer oscillated between 89 and 90 the whole ride...

Impressed with so many 85-90F reports and PWS readings.  That's some high end stuff for mid-April.

I can't believe we just had a snow event a few days ago and then went full on early summer climo.

Archived