Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

Shi.tty past few days.  Someone came into my barn and stole one of my lawn mowers, wet dry vac, folding truck ramps, heater, and a chainsaw.  Plus it seems that they may have gone into the house and taken some other stuff.  Most likely kicking the dogs out of the way. 

Kind of a bummer. 

That sucks dude. Muthas 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shi.tty past few days.  Someone came into my barn and stole one of my lawn mowers, wet dry vac, folding truck ramps, heater, and a chainsaw.  Plus it seems that they may have gone into the house and taken some other stuff.  Most likely kicking the dogs out of the way. 

Kind of a bummer. 

I just got finished using my new mower and now I'm going to try out this great chainsaw I got for the first time.

Did you have a lock on the shed?

Kind of a bummer. 

Sucks but they will get theres eventually. Karma bites hard. With that said, lesson learned here is....get an outdoor pitbull to guard the property. 

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I just got finished using my new mower and now I'm going to try out this great chainsaw I got for the first time.

Did you have a lock on the shed?

No. Lived here for 12 years and have not needed it.  That obviously will change, but I think I know who it was. ...disgruntled contractor. 

54 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The melt is starting... here's a photo from 1,600ft behind the office off the Sepps runout.

The streams and creeks are starting to open up and flow. 

There's a lot left though.  Still over 100" of depth up high... more like 20-30" down towards the base area.  Crazy when its 70F over this snowpack.

100"? Wow. Is that typical for this time of year (or snow making too?)?  How long do you think that will last?

52 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The melt is starting... here's a photo from 1,600ft behind the office off the Sepps runout.

The streams and creeks are starting to open up and flow. 

There's a lot left though.  Still over 100" of depth up high... more like 20-30" down towards the base area.  Crazy when its 70F over this snowpack.

Hey PF and @eyewall- was thinking about taking a weekend trip to BTV at the end of the month. Was hoping to get out on the lake but it doesn't seem like most kayak rental places are open yet. Is late April a good time to go up or will I find that it's still out of season? Never been. Thanks!

Hey PF and @eyewall- was thinking about taking a weekend trip to BTV at the end of the month. Was hoping to get out on the lake but it doesn't seem like most kayak rental places are open yet. Is late April a good time to go up or will I find that it's still out of season? Never been. Thanks!

That is definitely early. You probably wouldn't be able to rent a kayak on the lakefront at that time.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Crazy it was that good in 2013-14...I don't have many positive memories from that winter haha.

Foothills got 25"-40" that March, mainly in the storms of 12-13 and 19-20, along with record cold - Farmington's coldest March in 125 years of record and 5th snowiest.  I think points west got fringed, and SNE warmed just enough that those two storms were mush, making for the same frustration I felt in Jan. 2014 - AN precip, BN temps, little snowfall.  We also had double digit snows in Dec (2) and Feb.

Low of 54.8F. Already 58F.

Heat on the hill!  I was more than 20F colder, though our highs for the day will probably be less than 5F apart.

3 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Foothills got 25"-40" that month, mainly in the storms of 12-13 and 19-20, along with record cold - Farmington's coldest March in 125 years of record and 5th snowiest.  I think points west got fringed, and SNE warmed just enough that those two storms were mush, making for the same frustration I felt in Jan. 2014 - AN precip, BN temps, little snowfall.

Low of 54.8F. Already 58F.

Heat on the hill!  I was more than 20F colder, though our highs for the day will probably be less than 5F apart.

How is the snowpack looking in the Mount Vernon area?

1 minute ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

How is the snowpack looking in the Mr Vernon area?

Assuming it's similar to that in Belgrade (my commute is Route 27, not 41), south slopes are halfway clear, north slopes probably still 6-12" (as of 7 AM - will lose 3-4" today.)  Had 18" at the stake, probably down to 14-15 by this evening, though it was high 50s in Farmington when I headed south at 11 AM and low 70s in Augusta the same time.  At 2 PM, BGR had 75 and FVE 45.  Sometimes spring gets cut off at the Katahdin "pass".  (Like Easter 1976, when NJ was mid 90s, S.Maine 80s, Ft. Kent never topped 60.)

3 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

Kind of a bummer. 

Damn, sorry to hear!   Having your house robbed makes you feel completely violated.

We have friends in CT  Who had a similar situation.  They got their barn robbed once  and had a contractor suspect in mind.  They put up cameras both real and fake  and ended up getting robbed again except the two dudes that did it decided they better go back and find the hard drive for the cameras. Big mistake.

Archived