SnowHabit
Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Deep, deep winter. 

It's amazing how little it feels like late March around here. We're now eyeing 4/20, as that's the latest we've been able to start the golf season since I moved here (2015). 

We used to start the second week of April but we found over half the time we missed the first or second week due to snow a couple of times or cold rain so now we just wait until the last week to start.

8 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

We used to start the second week of April but we found over half the time we missed the first or second week due to snow a couple of times or cold rain so now we just wait until the last week to start.

I just ran through my saved rounds in my app:

• 3/21/12
  • 4/5/13
  • 4/14/14
  • 4/20/15
  • 3/9/16

I tossed the times I played in RI with my dad, because that's basically the tropics compared to around PWM.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

I just ran through my saved rounds in my app:

• 3/21/12
  • 4/5/13
  • 4/14/14
  • 4/20/15
  • 3/9/16

I tossed the times I played in RI with my dad, because that's basically the tropics compared to around PWM.

We usually go to southern Connecticut in Ginxy's area for the first round or two at the beginning of April, they're a good two weeks ahead of us, only 50-minutes to an hour drive for us and cheaper rates in April with a nice buffet breakfast.

48 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Deep, deep winter. 

It's amazing how little it feels like late March around here. We're now eyeing 4/20, as that's the latest we've been able to start the golf season since I moved here (2015). 

I was totally impressed by the snownados on the slopes Wed. One long lasting one reached at least 500 feet up.caught a pic and video as it dissipated. Sorry about the music my ring tone went off. 

20170322_094726.jpg

Boy,  I haven't been paying attention.  Knew there was the frontal boundary to my south.  Friend of mine just drove up from Boston on Rt 93 and hit some good snow for awhile just north of the NH/Mass line.   I didn't realize how warm it is just south of New England.  Atlantic City 80F at 3pm.  Cherry blossoms  (what were not killed last week)  are peaking in DC.  Springs seems so far away...

29 minutes ago, geo1 said:

And like Educate said now we snow. Maybe gain some of that elusive inch for Rays verification?

Never really stayed snow went from light rain, to big flakes to sleet and then a mix of all the above now brightening skies just on time to get out and get some dinner.

Archived