joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to let any mets on here know that there is a company called Weather Analytics here in Dover NH.  Randomly noticed it today on the dog walk.  We are living temporarily in Dover.  I looked at it online because I was curious and it seems they have some interesting jobs available at the Dover office.  This is a great town btw.  I really like it.  Live downtown in an old mill building converted to lofts.  Tons of restaurants, great cafes, etc.  A good vibe here, growing city and a great location.  Link to the job openings:  http://www.weatheranalytics.com/wa/careers/

12 hours ago, Hazey said:

Two snowshoers from Boston are missing and presumed deceased in an avalanche in Alberta.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/rcmp-two-american-snowshoers-presumed-210014615.html

Idiots.

Tania Peters, a Parks Canada spokeswoman, said the avalanche risk is so high it was too dangerous to send a search team to the avalanche itself.

Avalanche conditions were listed as high, one level below extreme, and parts of Highway 93 were closed Wednesday due to the danger.

13 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Idiots.

It's like if you are not from around a certain location and not familiar with the hazards/dangers, you become oblivious to them. We go through that every year here in Halifax down on Peggy's Cove. Atleast 1 person gets swept off the rocks cause that don't know that the Atlantic ocean isn't like a lake. Just because it's calm and sunny doesn't mean a rouge set of waves can't wash you away. Can't protect people from themselves

12 minutes ago, Hazey said:

It's like if you are not from around a certain location and not familiar with the hazards/dangers, you become oblivious to them. We go through that every year here in Halifax down on Peggy's Cove. Atleast 1 person gets swept off the rocks cause that don't know that the Atlantic ocean isn't like a lake. Just because it's calm and sunny doesn't mean a rouge set of waves can't wash you away. Can't protect people from themselves

Yeah. I know this could spawn a whole discussion on the thrill seekers (or not nec. thrill seekers), or just the plain oblivious, or those who know and just don't give a **** about the dangers, and more importantly the danger they put rescue teams in. I'm going to guess that there is a natural beauty, attraction to the place that they were snow shoeing at. But the apparent disregard/not giving a sh.it to the weather and overall conditions of the area is not an excuse. 

We see this all the time with so called extreme sports enthusiasts, from mounting climbing, to sailing across the ocean solo to skiing in dangerous conditions or whatever.  And when sh.it goes wrong they always put search and rescue teams in danger.   Of course the argument will be that it's their "job" to search and rescue. Horsh.it is what that is.

24 minutes ago, weathafella said:

This late season surge is killing me.  Lose an hour in the run up to Tuesday-work like a mofo including 3/14 snow day-tracking this next event.  Gimme shelter-or sleep!

lol. I guess there could be worse things like dealing with early spring back-doors and Napril like set ups here in mid-Morch.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm content if we're done TBH....girlfriend is ready to dump with time so scarce between school, two internships, weather blog, job hunt and now fantasy season...one of them needs to go lol

Nothing wrong with being single.  Leaves plenty of time for all the other stuff

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I was being sarcastic, but this blizzard combined with fantasy draft netted me a stern talking to....she sat their while I wrote up my final call for 2.5 hours before dinner Tuesday night :lol:

That's how you know she's a good one-many have no tolerance for the weenieism.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Trust me, I feel your pain. Be glad you didn't know her in 2015. I almost got a divorce. :lol:

Well, as least then I didn't have school or the fantasy team...my god..she hates the blog, fantasy team and the gym.

Gym...I forgot that one.

Lift three days per week, and cardio three days.

Archived