Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Severe Thread

mappy

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, H2O said:

also that possible tornado in Warrenton but nothing else confirms that.  so far.  could be nothing

could just be a microburst, but CWG tweeting out a few big trees down near the school/church

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

seeing reports on twitter of Gonzaga High School church building, near Union Station, is missing part of its roof. 

12 minutes ago, jacindc said:

Didn't seem like much on the south side of the Hill, but on the north side, the Gonzaga roof took quite a hit:

https://twitter.com/AKelleyDC/status/850043281153159168

;)

Just now, snowfan said:

Nothing IMBY other than some gusts and a brief shower. Not even a shelf. 

The part of concern went directly over my house, the spin up spot. Thank god it died down before reaching me. That would have been a direct hit. I think the further away you were from that, maybe the less of a thump.

Was just down in an office of our building that faces Gonzaga -- two guys were watching and saw the sections of roof come off and fly away.  A person around the corner on our floor saw the debris flying through the air.  I am thinking EF-0 tornado.  There are fire trucks there and they have blocked North Cap in both directions.  Also:

-- saw a bunch of those newspaper dispenser boxes that had been thrown down the street

-- someone said a hotdog cart was blown out into the street and hit a car

Archived