Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Low-topped Convection March 1st, 2017

weatherwiz

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, OceanStWx said:

Yep, it's already a waste of a good +7 C/km air mass. We only get a few of those a season, so we're already behind.

Yeah, the clock is ticking on this convection season ... Next thing you know it's already May and then what do we have to look forward to -

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Are you and Ekster going to the Northeast Storm Conference again? 

Ekster will be there I think, but I'm taking a year off. I probably could've swung it in the budget, but I could put the money to better use out at dinner on our upcoming vacation.

On a side note, LOT radar failure FTL. That would be a helluva day to go down. I mean we can limp by without our primary radar, but boy it makes things a lot more difficult than it has to be.

14 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Ekster will be there I think, but I'm taking a year off. I probably could've swung it in the budget, but I could put the money to better use out at dinner on our upcoming vacation.

On a side note, LOT radar failure FTL. That would be a helluva day to go down. I mean we can limp by without our primary radar, but boy it makes things a lot more difficult than it has to be.

thumbsdown:  

so it is the radar that is down...explains why I wasn't getting data.  That is a MONSTER cell though...130+ knots of g2g

Not much chatter in here.  Most mesos have rain and elevated convection moving in by late morning-lunch time with virtually no SB Cape at that time.  After that it looks like a struggle to truly warm sector and the best instability stays mainly to the SW. Not a great look overall IMHO, best forcing and Cape probably arrive in the middle of the night as the main cold front approaches. Hopefully we can get a few discrete cells/supercells to fire late afternoon/ early evening but the silence in here speaks volumes. 

16 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh ...there's deeper dimensions to it all than this.

You're definition is entirely clad...but it's purely functional and lacks any artistry and well...lacks conveyance of underpinnings, which some my appreciate - others... not so much. 

Aside, your second sentence doesn't necessarily follow logically from the first ...the other delivery attempts to bridge that gap. 

Thanks. But myself, and most others probably don't give a sh*t.  This is an internet forum, a social vessel that does not always require, long winded, drawn out ramblings to get what ever point it is across that you are trying to.

John, maybe hanging with us simpletons is not the right thing for you. 

16 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Thanks. But myself, and most others probably don't give a sh*t.  This is an internet forum, a social vessel that does not always require, long winded, drawn out ramblings to get what ever point it is across that you are trying to.

Someone needs a Snickers.

27 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

False... You need to leave that opening sentence at 'myself,' and not implicate/include others in your preference for simpleton antics. 

It is an "internet forum" and to that you cannot then decry more expounded contribution. Both 'get' that opportunity ... 

I have more evidence from randoms and acquaintances alike, spanning years of this writing hobby, that have shown appreciation for those that take the time/energy to contribute more meaningful stuff.  By common writ, you're contribution counts far less - eat it!

Is that concise enough for you ?

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

False... You need to leave that opening sentence at 'myself,' and not implicate/include others in your preference for simpleton antics. 

It is an "internet forum" and to that you cannot then decry more expounded contribution. Both 'get' that opportunity ... 

I have more evidence from randoms and acquaintances alike, spanning years of this writing hobby, that have shown appreciation for those that take the time/energy to contribute more meaningful stuff.  By common writ, you're contribution counts far less - eat it!

Is that concise enough for you ?

Stop being a condescending prick.  You've become a real ass lately. 

How's that for concise.

36 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Stop being a condescending prick.  You've become a real ass lately. 

How's that for concise.

You attached me pal - 

I think you are reflecting your own resentment more than anything else. 

feeling inadequate lately...  

I would qualify you as King Kong a-hole for inviting me off the forum, becuase I don't fit in with your  simpleton antics. 

Fuggin smell your own schit would you.

F it... you're blocked... 

18 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You attached me pal - 

I think you are reflecting your own resentment more than anything else. 

feeling inadequate lately...  

I would qualify you as King Kong a-hole for inviting me off the forum, becuase I don't fit in with your  simpleton antics. 

Fuggin smell your own schit would you.

F it... you're blocked... 

lol. "Attack"  

...Coming from the guy who does it much worse to others, but does so hiding in your snooze inducing wording.

BTW, in all of my time here, this is the first time that I have ever called someone out like I did.  And really, it was hardly an "attack".    

lolz at pulling the "block" move.  The epitome of taking your ball and going home.  Toilet paper thin skin indeed.  Surprising from such a wordsmith. You have definite issues.    

Archived