Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2017 Discussion & Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Morris said:

Euro gives an inch for the city before changeover. N&W get 4 inches.

I wouldn't expect much near the coast from this with southerly winds. Inland could see a few inches. Closer to the coast we need the trough to dig and the upper air low to go underneath Long Island. 

Hard to believe we had multiple days in the 60s and 70s back in February into March 1st yet we're struggling to get out of the mid 20s on March 15 with sunshine present. 

I guess the months decided to switch places and now March will likely be the coldest month of the winter since 1960. I wouldn't be surprised if this chilly spell rolls in April.

7 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I wouldn't expect much near the coast from this with southerly winds. Inland could see a few inches. Closer to the coast we need the trough to dig and the upper air low to go underneath Long Island. 

Plenty of time for that. It's not far off.

3 hours ago, Cfa said:

Flurries in Selden, LI. Not much on the ground out here, I imagine it'll all melt before our next "warm up", whenever that is.

Any sign of warmth in the long range?

8 miles to your west (and probably a hair north) we have a solid 4 or 5 inches of cement.  It's not 20" of powder, but it might last just as long. Change over to rain was around 11AM yesterday, although it started to mix at 10:30.  In order we had more sleet, then rain, then snow.  Had a trace of freezing drizzle too before we flipped back to some light snow in the late afternoon.

4 minutes ago, ScottB said:

20 degrees here in Highland Park and puking snow. Visibility has to be 1/4 mile. Nice little band we're under here.

I was wondering how intense it was. I'm in westfield under light echoes and it's coming down pretty good but that band stretching back to hunterdon looks impressive

9 minutes ago, JetsPens87 said:

I mean...

It's 20 degrees in Flemington New Jersey with moderate snow falling at 6pm. 

Not many times I can remember two days in a row like this in the middle of March here on the coastal plain. Impressive to say the least.

It looks like parts of central NJ have been getting raked by what looks like a Lake streamer rather than a squall. amazing how these kind of dynamics almost never develop within the city proper.

Archived