joxey
Low topped squall line Saturday, February 25th, 2017

weatherwiz

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Any fun up this way?

If the warm sector can make it up your way I don't see why some activity can happen across your parts.  The one thing, however, that may prevent or really decrease potential will be the lack of steeper mid-level lapse rates.  Looks like the steep lapse rates associated with EML plume remain well south of you...that could even be a bit of a question down this way.  If we can manage ~7.5 C/KM lapse rates with dews near 60 and sfc temps into 60's the western part of CT may see some action

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Where's the forcing?

The main cold front doesn't really arrive until late overnight, however, looks like we will have several s/w disturbances move through during the day, including a rather potent looking one (on NAM at least) late Wednesday afternoon.  

39 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

That 15 area has been expanding too.  

Do you know what the numbers quantify?  All I know is the larger the number the more holy crap's come out of my mouth

The parameters that go into it are on the bottom of the image.  It's a nice tool to look at but it has its limitations, one of them being that it doesn't really factor in potential capping.  Also have to look at the overall setup to get a feel for whether it's more of a linear/wind threat vs a tornado producer.

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

The parameters that go into it are on the bottom of the image.  It's a nice tool to look at but it has its limitations, one of them being that it doesn't really factor in potential capping.  Also have to look at the overall setup to get a feel for whether it's more of a linear/wind threat vs a tornado producer.

Since they did adjustments too the algorithm too with factoring more weight towards shear and less with instability it seems to go bonkers quite a bit.  It seems like a neat tool to address potential tornadic activity or extent of the potential but tough to put a great deal of stock into it I feel. 

A TORNADO Occurred on Saturday in Massachusetts!?  WHAT!?  

HJow did I not know anything like this Could happen, let alone Happen?  I was at NEC in Boston all day doing music, and then other spots in the city.  No idea until I went to check for snow later in the week on NWS BOX and saw "Tornado Assessment".  Holy.... Jeepers.  February?  With Snow coming?  

https://nwschat.weather.gov/p.php?pid=201702270328-KBOX-NOUS41-PNSBOX

Archived