Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March medium/long range disco

psuhoffman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

52 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Since the long range is now March we might as well start a new thread. Perhaps it will bring better luck. Models show a pattern that offers some potential at least. 

As they did back in December, January and February.  Why change things up now?

It's very difficult to imagine any significant snow at this point, but you never know. All it takes is one fluke and you could get something. Not holding my breath. Honestly, unless it's something really significant (at least enough to really play with my daughter and build a snowman, etc), I'm good with 60's and an early move to spring. In some ways, I'm just rooting for a shutout at this point. I'd definitely take a historically awful winter over a small storm or two.

6 minutes ago, mdsnowlover said:

do what you want, I,m not advocating closing the thread, that's your answer!! I just said bring on spring, if you dont want that all the more power to ya!!

My quote was more a slam on DT then you... but what do you expect, I don't even know what I want, being the lazy government worker I am I can't be bothered to form a rational thought of my own.  

2 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

It's very difficult to imagine any significant snow at this point, but you never know. All it takes is one fluke and you could get something. Not holding my breath. Honestly, unless it's something really significant (at least enough to really play with my daughter and build a snowman, etc), I'm good with 60's and an early move to spring. In some ways, I'm just rooting for a shutout at this point. I'd definitely take a historically awful winter over a small storm or two.

I agree with this, I think its a long shot, but all were doing is discussing it, not like its any loss either way.  We have pretty much given up so anything now would be a nice surprise.  

9 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

On another note, has this not been the most consistently windy 4 months you've ever seen? As someone who goes for daily runs, I can't stand wind, particularly in the winter. I feel like there has been a stiff breeze almost every day since October.

I was out of town last week, so out of natural curiosity I looked over my security camera captures to see if anything interesting happened.  Somehow my front door kept getting blown open with all the wind.  Like something out of a haunted house.

34 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

I'm with you on this.  My bulbs have come up and I've got at least a dozen ratty shrubs and bushes that need to be taken out in our garden.  Bring on spring.  I would root for a March snowstorm, but it'd have to be March '93 levels for me to get excited.

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

People complaining about the wind here (not exclusive to this thread) are roughly equivalent to people complaining about the cold in Miami.

I know, right.  My wife was complaining about it saying we should move and I showed her that the mid-Atlantic is just about the least windy place in the CONUS except the central valley in California.  She hates it when I bring facts like that into the conversation when all she really wanted was for me to say, "yes, the wind sucks, sorry it's bothering you".

52 minutes ago, das said:

I know, right.  My wife was complaining about it saying we should move and I showed her that the mid-Atlantic is just about the least windy place in the CONUS except the central valley in California.  She hates it when I bring facts like that into the conversation when all she really wanted was for me to say, "yes, the wind sucks, sorry it's bothering you".

I like your wife. Sounds like me, expecting my husband to know what I'm thinking :lol: 

@BTRWx "BWI was .8" less than DCA in 1932! Amazing. http://www.weather.gov/media/lwx/climate/bwisnow.pdf"

I'm not sure if it's more or less impressive, but keep in mind that in 1932, Baltimore's observations were from the Custom House downtown. BWI didn't open until June, 1950.  Sadly, in that last winter of obs at the Custom House, a meek and very familiar 0.7" of snow fell.

13 minutes ago, AdamHLG said:

I am holding out for a March 1993 repeat.  I am fairly certain on February 21, 1993 the folks on #IRC and #neweather didn't give up on winter and look what they got!  I am not giving up either.  I say keep the thread!      

You'll be waiting another 100 years for a repeat of that.  Maybe longer.

13 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Definitely agree about the giving up of snow chances on February 21st  being pretty silly. This region can get accumulating snow up to 2nd  week in April. As far as 93 repeat . I doubt any of us see the likes of that dynamic bomb again in our lifetimes . I consider it a 500 year storm ...at least. 

I agree with all of this post.

8 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Definitely agree about the giving up of snow chances on February 21st  being pretty silly. This region can get accumulating snow up to 2nd  week in April. As far as 93 repeat . I doubt any of us see the likes of that dynamic bomb again in our lifetimes . I consider it a 500 year storm ...at least. 

no one is saying YOU should give up on snow this year, however a couple of us who have lived here for more than 20 years dont think its going to snow this winter, I have lived here 60 years. I have fun things to do  outside when it hits 50 or higher. I believe as of march 1st the average high is 50 or close to it!!! Enjoy your computer watching!!

50 minutes ago, mdsnowlover said:

no one is saying YOU should give up on snow this year, however a couple of us who have lived here for more than 20 years dont think its going to snow this winter, I have lived here 60 years. I have fun things to do  outside when it hits 50 or higher. I believe as of march 1st the average high is 50 or close to it!!! Enjoy your computer watching!!

Why do you keep posting this sort of crap in this thread?

14 hours ago, das said:

Maybe, but that hasn't been the case this winter.

2 hours ago, mdsnowlover said:

Nice story except you started this crap back in December. Some of us are going to track the weather regardless of results. You seem to only care if it's snowing over your house and decided a long time ago (just like every year that starts bad) that it's not going too. The last few times you pulled this bunk you were wrong. This time, like a broken clock twice a day, you may be right.  Congrats. Here is your trophy. 

IMG_0662.JPG

Now you have no need to come in here and say the exact same thing over and over. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived