Newest Member
    joxey
March medium/long range disco

psuhoffman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Even the suppressed storm in Jan came north in the last 36.  Or west, depending on point of view since they all go north at some point even if it's over the Atlantic.

The best thing about this run is that 85% of this forum would still get 8-12" if it shifted 100 miles north. 

2 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

And of course the eps is starting to light up the follow up wave after Sunday. Lol. 

I think there is a correlation there. The runs that have been more south with Sunday end up with a better solution around the 14/15th.  Ggem and JMA are examples but something I've noted the last few days is the connection there on runs and within the ensemble members. I do think there is a way we get both but it's a delicate balance. 

9 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Fringed :(

I know you're probably being a bit tongue-in-cheek there! :D But hardly looks like you'd be  truly fringed just looking at the snow and precip plots posted a bit earlier. 12" area is just south of DC it appears, 7"+ in NE MD. 

Would be remarkable cold powder for everyone. I watched the 18z GFS roll in thinking "holy F***, unreal!" to myself. 

3 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

Amazing gradient... im in Danville, VA, GFS gives us maybe an inch, just north into Lynchburg, over a foot! Wow

Yeah, a lot of us are currently focused on the northern edge of the good QPF.  But that southern edge with the rain-snow line is gonna be wicked wherever it sets up.

6 minutes ago, PennQuakerGirl said:

Agreed.  I'd definitely give PSU at least 12"+ for the work he's put in this winter.  

Wish it worked that way. If it goes down the way the euro or gfs hints it would suck but that's the way it goes sometimes.  I'll live to chase the next one even if it's next year. Or 2 days later according to some runs.  Maybe I'll take a trip down to my sister in Reston VA for the day. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Looking at the EPS members the ones that are the most suppressed are the ones that have a big snow day 8. So maybe we're ok either way. We get one or the other. E51 is crazy. Take a look. 

Believe that was mostly from one storm as well. I would take 2+ feet in one shot.

Famous last words:  I like where we sit looking at the 18z GEFS for the weekend storm.  Snowfall mean is 4" for DC and 5" for RIC.  The control bullseyes Central VA with ~10" for DC.  There's enough members with their precip maxes either north or south of the area that we can afford some shifts either way and still be in for a potentially decent event.  That said, more members favor a precip max (at the moment) for central VA.

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

We got PSU screaming fringed and Matt with the face. Its game on now. You cant ask for a better pass at 850 or 500. Now if we can get it to hold for just a couple of more days.

Would be nice if the whole sub-forum could get nailed by the potential weekend storm, and it is possible as its a west to east kinda deal. Problem is it does not work that way a lot of the time. So there may very well be some here that are very happy with the outcome, and others not. Unfortunately, when its gets right down to it, at game time, there is no WE here. Its all about MBY. Sad but true. Of course we could very well all get screwed lol.

Just toggling from the 18Z GFS run yesterday through the 18Z GFS run today (so 5 runs), each one has trended the same way for Sunday-- south, with the smallest slide happening between the 12Z and 18Z today. The Euro on the other hand has been lurching back and forth between the 0Z and 12Z runs between more north and more south. Maybe it's window is narrowing today as well.

As people have been saying, got to be patient. Still a couple of days to go before we know. But at least the disagreement of if it's going to be 30 or 70 on Sunday is done, but that wasn't even answered until yesterday. One goal post removed and the rest remain....

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Would be nice if the whole sub-forum could get nailed by the potential weekend storm, and it is possible as its a west to east kinda deal. Problem is it does not work that way a lot of the time. So there may very well be some here that are very happy with the outcome, and others not. Unfortunately, when its gets right down to it, at game time, there is no WE here. Its all about MBY. Sad but true. Of course we could very well all get screwed lol.

Our subforum is so diverse when it comes to weather that it is a rare storm indeed that makes everyone happy. But in this case if everyone can get 3 inches out of it they cant complain after the winter we just endured. And this is the type of track that can do that. And I agree completely. When it comes to snow it is an IMBY deal.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived