Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March medium/long range disco

psuhoffman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Deck Pic said:

Suppressed, but still a nice hit.  4-8" for DC/Southern Burbs, 2-4" for Baltimore...Central VA gets nailed.  Probably right where we want it :)

Being on the northern edge of the mod/heavy snow at day 6 is NOT a bad spot to be in at all....just ask those in NE.

16 minutes ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

Panasonic agrees with Euro.

IMG_3640.PNG

I'd rather have zero than miss like that. But at least even in this "worst case scenario" we get a nice consolation prize! Let's see how much waffling we get here... (P.S. Still learning the art of model run patience--but given this winter, even a passing negative trend at all feels much worse than usual, lol)

6 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Day 8 Euro is breaking decent pattern down it seems.

Yeah, it does. Not sure what I was looking at previously when I mentioned the better setup for the follow up but it sure wasn't the 12Z Euro. Pattern pretty much goes into the crapper after our day 6 storm. 

1 minute ago, paulythegun said:

For those of you looking at the "Total Snowfall" maps, keep in mind that this also includes a 1-3" stripe from Friday, centered around the MD/PA border. Those folks get fringed for the main event (at least in this model run). 

yup. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

When PSU panics over suppression, I'll consider it.

Maybe not even then.

I'm worried about it. For me especially it's the bigger risk then north trend imo. DC has way more wiggle room then me here.  That doesn't mean I think it goes south just I can see how that could happen. Both the first two march 2014 events were lame up here. We can get fringed. I'm talking about the Sunday storm only. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

I'm worried about it. For me especially it's the bigger risk then north trend imo. DC has way more wiggle room then me here.  That doesn't mean I think it goes south just I can see how that could happen. Both the first two march 2014 events were lame up here. We can get fringed. I'm talking about the Sunday storm only. 

Preach.

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

We are far enough out there will still be some back and forth with the track. The exact outcome ultimately depends to a large extent on the exact timing and strength of the vortex rotating down under the block.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

We are far enough out there will still be some back and forth with the track. The exact outcome ultimately depends to a large extent on the exact timing and strength of the vortex rotating down under the block.

I agree. Just because I'm aware of the risk doesn't mean I think that's our fate (yet). But the south trend can stop now. That said just about everything did bleed north the last 72 hours. The early January storm went too far south first. If this starts looking like an Atlanta to Raleigh storm we're in trouble. I don't mind seeing a healthy system across central va as much. That's not much of an adjustment needed. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived