Newest Member
    joxey
March medium/long range disco

psuhoffman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I'm curious as to timing.  Are the Euro and GFS about the same.

The gfs slowed this just a bit.  I'm thinking that if it slowed by about another 6 hours it might even be bigger.

pretty darn close

ecmwf_march 6_2017 _mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_24 march 6_2017.jpg

gfs_march 6_2017 _mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_24 850mb.jpg

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It's official. 

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it!

It's a darn good pattern. I've also long thought our best shot would come at the end of the season. Although this pattern may not quit right away...

Just now, Ian said:

It's a darn good pattern. I've also long thought our best shot would come at the end of the season. Although this pattern may not quit right away...

Agree. I remained cautious and quiet when it was sitting in the 2 week window. Tried my best not to let recency fail bias cloud my head. Once the block crossed the 7 day mark I had visions of a big late season event. And I agree. Now that the west based block is actually in the SHORT RANGE, it could very well have longer legs than what models see right now. Good times man. 

Nice run of the GFS for the day 6 deal. You could see it coming @500mb with much sharper features and an overall better look. Best part is that the setup gives some room for amplification which would probably argue for a little quicker intensification of the low then the surface shows at this point. If that is the case you could probably expect a slight adjustment north as well as seeing the low hook more up then coast then its present out to sea solution.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived