Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March medium/long range disco

psuhoffman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Heights and temps better than 18z. It's shifting south every run now. 

Its pretty damn close to 18z .not much can be made of that...not to mention we should wait another 2-3 days anyway. As you know that boundary will easily shift. Ill bet on north.

2 minutes ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Its pretty damn close to 18z .not much can be made of that...not to mention we should wait another 2-3 days anyway. As you know that boundary will easily shift. Ill bet on north.

I'm just saying what the 0z is showing compared to 18z. They aren't close. There are significant differences. And the last 3 runs have shifted south.

1 minute ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

The shift south all day today on the GFS is undeniable. Every run ticks a little farther south.

I cant tell you how many times ive seen ticks south in the 6-8 day range to see a north shift in the 3-5 day range...Im not buying it, sorry

1 minute ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

I cant tell you how many times ive seen ticks south in the 6-8 day range to see a north shift in the 3-5 day range...Im not buying it, sorry

Just making an observation. If I was a betting man I'd put a lot on this missing north just judging off this season's luck. Good thing I'm not a betting man ;).

2 minutes ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

You have every right to not buy it and you may be right not too. But you've made the point. 

2 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

Ummm... GFS gives Central PA 14-20" with that Sun-Mon system. That's pretty incredible considering they get little off the coastal redevelopment. Obviously just model fantasy, but still pretty interesting. 

i am seeing 32 inch amounts lol

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=neus&pkg=asnow&runtime=2017030600&fh=162

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

You're usually just an annoying negative Nancy, but this time it has some merit.   We all know how this will go.

Maybe..I cant explain it, my gut is better than most...

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

My money us on missing to the south right now. 

Nah, I think the boundary will go north...Needs to be a study...I think for most part models 8-9 days out are more correct than 6-7 days...then things get blurry...Ive seen it so many times where a model is right 8 days out then gives us hope then goes back to the ****ty solution...I think Harrisburg-Binghamton gets some snow out of this one

9 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Cmc is close to a monster but just misses south. Looking forward to the north trend. 

Surface isn't out yet but ggem goes nuts a day later and bombs and closes off at h5.

IMG_0767.PNG

so many moving parts but I wouldn't be shocked if the most amplified system is the one around march 15

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Surface isn't out yet but ggem goes nuts a day later and bombs and closes off at h5.

IMG_0767.PNG

so many moving parts but I wouldn't be shocked if the most amplified system is the one around march 15

Odd looking storm. It  Resembles 12/30/2000 in some ways but we get some snow out of the deal.

1 minute ago, Amped said:

Odd looking storm. It  Resembles 12/30/2000 in some ways but we get some snow out of the deal.

Lots of moving parts but it was almost inevitable given the pattern. The trough was so loaded I could see where it was going and even as the day 6 storm was missing south I was watching the energy diving in behind and thinking that's going boom this run. It was closer to something absolutely epic honestly and the only thing that prevented a euro from Friday night type solution was how many vorts were splitting the energy initially and took some time to get together. That h5 though... that was an hecs look honestly. The day 6 storm has real potential and I'm not poo pooing it at all but the system right behind it has been showing hints at possibly being a major amplification threat. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Lots of moving parts but it was almost inevitable given the pattern. The trough was so loaded I could see where it was going and even as the day 6 storm was missing south I was watching the energy diving in behind and thinking that's going boom this run. It was closer to something absolutely epic honestly and the only thing that prevented a euro from Friday night type solution was how many vorts were splitting the energy initially and took some time to get together. That h5 though... that was an hecs look honestly. The day 6 storm has real potential and I'm not poo pooing it at all but the system right behind it has been showing hints at possibly being a major amplification threat. 

I'll take both thank you..  I'm tracking the first system first since models have been nowhere close to consistent lately.

1 minute ago, Amped said:

I'll take both thank you..  I'm tracking the first system first since models have been nowhere close to consistent lately.

Why limit let's go for all 3.  I see 3 legit threats. March 12/13, 14/15, 17/18.  All low prob at this range. But this pattern looks loaded. Shame it's mid march. What if after all this crap all winter we pulled off 3 hits to end the season. Lol

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived