Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring 2017 Medium/Long Range Discussion

Indystorm

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Dan. said:

Posting a map like that seems kinda pointless whether or not you're a moderator, especially considering it's after hr 240. Would have made more sense to post it in the banter thread. 

Just don't understand why people want to cling on to winter still. It's nearly April. 

So which banned poster are you? Might as well just come out with it.

2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

OMG, I still had this tab open as I had just replied in this thread before the winter post. I agree that it's not good practice to post the long range operational model runs, which is why I try to not do it often.

I'm not disagreeing with him, it's just the way he posted. No "Hey, new here" or something like that. We understand that you were just showing that the GFS doesn't want winter to end quite yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest drought monitor was released, and wow hardly any extreme or exceptional drought across the entire country. I read somewhere this is the first time since 2000 the US has less than 10% of the country in drought. 

Euro ensembles also showing a very wet pattern developing the latter half of the month.

I wonder what implications this will have rolling forward into summer? Espically the developing Niño paired with no extreme drought out west.

IMG_0454.PNG

3 hours ago, Chambana said:

Latest drought monitor was released, and wow hardly any extreme or exceptional drought across the entire country. I read somewhere this is the first time since 2000 the US has less than 10% of the country in drought. 

Euro ensembles also showing a very wet pattern developing the latter half of the month.

I wonder what implications this will have rolling forward into summer? Espically the developing Niño paired with no extreme drought out west.

IMG_0454.PNG

That California drought got wiped out quickly 

12 hours ago, Chambana said:

IMG_0454.PNG

Combined with the already impressive EMLs we've been seeing so early in the season, this has to bold well for the peak of severe weather season (all of the ground moisture).

Perhaps a repeat of the 1998, 2007 or 2010 Summer? We'll see.

7 hours ago, Powerball said:

Combined with the already impressive EMLs we've been seeing so early in the season, this has to bold well for the peak of severe weather season (all of the ground moisture).

Perhaps a repeat of the 1998, 2007 or 2010 Summer? We'll see.

I would take a 2010 repeat in heart beat. That was a great spring/awesome summer. 

Archived