Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 23-25th Storm Potential

Chicago Storm

40 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

yes and no.  I took this pic 2 years ago this week. I recorded 44" on the ground that day (peaked later in March at 54").  With the thaws this year, just haven't managed to attain deep depth.

feb.jpg

Awesome pic. Those were just amazing winters for this state. I didnt go up there because of our crazy winters down here, but that looks like Paradise in 2008, my deepest snow Ive ever seen.

And I totally get it, believe me I do. Ive been up north enough to know whats normal where, and yes, while having 20" of snow is deep to 99% of the public, it is not what is expected in the Huron Mtns in late February. Thats why imo its wrong for someone to say "at least they have snow" up north while decrying what a frustrating winter it has been. This easy winter of 2016-17 in Detroit that Ive even heard a few say is a "non-winter" would be around the 10th snowiest winter as close as Louisville, KY (and thats assuming the highly unlikely event no more measurable falls). Everything is all relative to where you live. And this is not normal for your area of the U.P.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived