Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coop Crushing Snow 02/15/17

dryslot

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Should be interesting when i return to LWM from work around 7pm.

I like Will going reverse Psychology over NE mass with this one. Euro Fatigue ? Last storm Euro trended Progressive within last 36 hrs, i dont see this as apples to apples

This is mesoscale meteorology too. The synoptics drive the low level inv trough...but I mean 5 miles may mean flurries or 5". Seriously. I usually hedge more northeast with these things as models can be too far southwest with these troughs..but have to keep an eye out.

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

exactly, which is why I don't trust it at all.

I don't think it's a matter of trust. There is going to be a large gradient somewhere. I pulled off 14" out of 12/20/07 and it dropped off quickly to the SW. I couldn't tell you off hand how that was modeled 24hrs before...maybe Will can. The important thing is to keep your expectations in check and realize the nature of the beast. The uncertainty means it could be anywhere from 2" to 12".

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Models have been a slight tick NE since 00z...not good for here when I was already on the gradient. It'll probably be a nowcast deal.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I don't think it's a matter of trust. There is going to be a large gradient somewhere. I pulled off 14" out of 12/20/07 and it dropped off quickly to the SW. I couldn't tell you off hand how that was modeled 24hrs before...maybe Will can. The important thing is to keep your expectations in check and realize the nature of the beast. The uncertainty means it could be anywhere from 2" to 12".

Euro has been too far sw a lot, and NAM has us on the gradient.  My forecast for us here is 2-4.  I am jaded but also looking at what has happened this year.

13 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Like the one a few years back for here when we were under a WSW and ended up receiving 0"....................:ph34r:

The NE tic is encouraging, as the Farmington forecast for at least-most likely-highest went from 8/17/21 yesterday afternoon to 1/8/13 this morning.  Kind of reminds me of 3/12 2005 when an extended IVT was progged to give my area 18-24" less than 24 hr before first flakes.  Got 5.5" as the jack moved south, and nobody reached 18" though some spots west of Sebago that topped 15.

And then dendrite posts that NAM that drops my qpf to about 0.2".  So much for the 50" pack.

29 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Should be interesting when i return to LWM from work around 7pm.

I like Will going reverse Psychology over NE mass with this one. Euro Fatigue ? Last storm Euro trended Progressive within last 36 hrs, i dont see this as apples to apples

We will be right on the knife edge, but probably the wrong side of it.  I suspect Boxford on east gets the goods.

3 minutes ago, tamarack said:

The NE tic is encouraging, as the Farmington forecast for at least-most likely-highest went from 8/17/21 yesterday afternoon to 1/8/13 this morning.  Kind of reminds me of 3/12 2005 when an extended IVT was progged to give my area 18-24" less than 24 hr before first flakes.  Got 5.5" as the jack moved south, and nobody reached 18" though some spots west of Sebago that topped 15.

And then dendrite posts that NAM that drops my qpf to about 0.2".  So much for the 50" pack.

Might as well throw darts at a dart board, I'm just going to watch the SPC meso page and watch where the area of convergence sets up, We will all be wiser then.......lol

Archived