Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coop Crushing Snow 02/15/17

dryslot

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Tiktock said:

UGH this one is way too close to me to be comfortable.  I'm literally on the cutoff line where some models say I'm getting 1-3 and other have me getting 8".  

If it ticks east or NE, I'll be out getting flurries and if anything else it could be plowable.  Why is it this way every storm this season? :)

I feel your pain.  :D

The part I'd be most worried about is what happens when the convergence zone sinks south....models may struggle with the intensity of the band and location as that happens.

This was obviously a long time ago, but I recall a monster bust in E MA in March 1992 from such a band that came down from southern ME...swung right down over E MA and produced like 4" per hour snows....it only lasted like 1-2 hours, but at those rates, that's all it took for 6-8" of snow to surprise everyone.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The part I'd be most worried about is what happens when the convergence zone sinks south....models may struggle with the intensity of the band and location as that happens.

This was obviously a long time ago, but I recall a monster bust in E MA in March 1992 from such a band that came down from southern ME...swung right down over E MA and produced like 4" per hour snows....it only lasted like 1-2 hours, but at those rates, that's all it took for 6-8" of snow to surprise everyone.

March 21 I think. I remember that.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

This is like a borderline HISA (high impact, sub-advisory) event. Like Will said, blows through for an hour or two with 1"+/hr rates. Roads go to hell.

Yeah briefed on that burst coming through prior to dawn perhaps. Tough forecast. I think heavy stuiff of more KBVY on NE....but who knows.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

March 21 I think. I remember that.

Yeah and it was really localized too...like it hugged the coast. I think parts of Cape Ann had 8-10 inches while just a bit further W in Essex county had like 2 inches. Same deal down on Plymouth region...right on the coast got hit harder than 5 miles west,

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah and it was really localized too...like it hugged the coast. I think parts of Cape Ann had 8-10 inches while just a bit further W in Essex county had like 2 inches. Same deal down on Plymouth region...right on the coast got hit harder than 5 miles west,

BKN020 at my house in Brockton and black skies to the east. Frustration...lol.

Archived