SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coop Crushing Snow 02/15/17

dryslot

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UGH this one is way too close to me to be comfortable.  I'm literally on the cutoff line where some models say I'm getting 1-3 and other have me getting 8".  

If it ticks east or NE, I'll be out getting flurries and if anything else it could be plowable.  Why is it this way every storm this season? :)

Overall there is a reason we tried to change our policy to advisories for all and upgrade to warnings once the trough shows the whites of its eyes.

This one just looked like it had too much background forcing to go straight advisories everywhere. And we still might get burned on several warnings.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Overall there is a reason we tried to change our policy to advisories for all and upgrade to warnings once the trough shows the whites of its eyes.

This one just looked like it had too much background forcing to go straight advisories everywhere. And we still might get burned on several warnings.

didn't you say a little while ago that you saw a shift to a broader area of steady snow?

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

didn't you say a little while ago that you saw a shift to a broader area of steady snow?

There will be, but the early stuff was always going to be focused on the north side of the developing trough. I had 3-6" for Merrimack County yesterday (closer to 6+ near Belknap), and I still feel good about that range.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

There will be, but the early stuff was always going to be focused on the north side of the developing trough. I had 3-6" for Merrimack County yesterday (closer to 6+ near Belknap), and I still feel good about that range.

Ah, I see.  So that 10 inches and 8-12 is soon to disappear from the map.  You are on today?

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

Ah, I see.  So that 10 inches and 8-12 is soon to disappear from the map.  You are on today?

I can't say that will happen. At this point the warning is up, and I am going to give it a chance to verify before pulling the plug. I definitely don't want to take it down only to have to put it up again if this does shift SW.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

I can't say that will happen. At this point the warning is up, and I am going to give it a chance to verify before pulling the plug. I definitely don't want to take it down only to have to put it up again if this does shift SW.

Don't worry. I've got your verification.

Archived