SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coop Crushing Snow 02/15/17

dryslot

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this thing may bomb and clock eastern NE ...   Just now-casting the satellite channels...that's an ominous look, period.

That's about 110 or 120 knot IR tags diving almost due S of eastern Dakotas out of Canada, with a southern dynamics system that appears stronger than modeled...

We'll see...

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I think this thing may bomb and clock eastern NE ...   Just now-casting the satellite channels...that's an ominous look, period.

That's about 110 or 120 knot IR tags diving almost due S of eastern Dakotas out of Canada, with a southern dynamics system that appears stronger than modeled...

We'll see...

I was just noting how beefy the southern impulse looks on wv. Could we see that pump up heights a touch?

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

We'll see...

It is already progged to clock ENE...12+ from NNH through much of ME.  What do you mean by eastern new England?

Just now, Hoth said:

Normally his posts are a complete self-contained education. Let's hope he's not taken up "Brevity is the soul of wit" as his new battle cry.

Ha ha... I like that...

But no, it should be common knowledge to those that have frequented this forums and others like it ...for YEARS.   If that's not you guys, sorry - 

But, phase 8 MJO waves that are coherent (meaning, not rattling around inside that inner circle of the Wheeler diagram...) correlate to western N/A ridging...

That's the primer.

The here and now has a powerful modeled wave that is also verifying, and still gaining strength as it matures from Phase 7 through 8....

Meanwhile, the 18z GFS (which is the first that I have seen to do so...) has a uber ridge in the lower EPO domain space in the extended, replete with a mega SPV sinking into southern Canada.   If that wave out there has any forcing on the pattern, that's kinda sorta gee golly understandable. 

It's just puzzling why the models haven't been responding to date.

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

We'll see...

It already is progged to clock ENE.  What are you referring to beyond the already predicted clocking of ME and some of NH?

5 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I was just noting how beefy the southern impulse looks on wv. Could we see that pump up heights a touch?

Maybe...

I think it's actually about whether that interloping southern impulse can "entice" the diving impulse out of Canada into having hot juicy lurid valentine's day carnal pleasures just off the upper MA and NE coasts...

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

EMA EMA EMA....like a broken record on repeat. 

There was a time..not that long ago, that eastern Mass was a place you didn't want to be, especially SE Mass Lol..lately that's all we hear for gods sake!!  Bring back 2011 already!!   Can some of us in Central and western areas get a lil love on V. Day??   

It would be great if this can bomb a lil earlier and spread the love a LIL more for SNE.  But I'm sure we'll get a few flurries.. and Easter Mass will see 12+. 

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Maybe...

I think it's actually about whether that interloping southern impulse can "entice" the diving impulse out of Canada into having hot juicy lurid valentine's day carnal pleasures just off the upper MA and NE coasts...

Oh lawd, Mr. Tip, you do go on. Silver tongued devil, you.

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

You'll get candlelit dinner with your mother and like it!   But, oh, for a repeat of Jan 7-12, 2011. Norlun magic and raging blizzard. Great times.

And a third monster after that, that dropped 16-18 more!!  And Boxing Day the day after Xmas a couple weeks earlier.  Obviously Boxing Day was way better down in NYC and NJ, but picked up 12-14 inches with howling winds isn't to shabby either.   That's when the biggies used to whale the western and central areas lol. 

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

And a third monster after that, that dropped 16-18 more!!  And Boxing Day the day after Xmas a couple weeks earlier.  Obviously Boxing Day was way better down in NYC and NJ, but picked up 12-14 inches with howling winds isn't to shabby either.   That's when the biggies used to whale the western and central areas lol. 

Interesting how the last several years have had these periods of hyper activity. Kind of transferring slowly up the coast. Started with Snowmaggedon in '09-'10 in the MA, '10-'11 for SNE, '14-'15 eastern MA, '16-'17 NH/ME. 

Just now, Hoth said:

Interesting how the last several years have had these periods of hyper activity. Kind of transferring slowly up the coast. Started with Snowmaggedon in '09-'10 in the MA, '10-'11 for SNE, '14-'15 eastern MA, '16-'17 NH/ME. 

You know,  you are right!   Quite interesting when you look at it like that.  Good observation Hoth!  The Force is strong with you.

Archived