Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coop Crushing Snow 02/15/17

dryslot

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I do agree with pope Benedict that the H5 trend has been pretty real today on guidance.

I too though want to see it go a little more before going wild with predictions. NAM was obviously the most extreme. But it won't take much more on a solution like the Euro or GEM to equal the 18z NAM.

Oh it is for sure, but give me some confidence with other models is what I mean. I I certainly could see, the inverted trough deal swing down and give us at least a refresher.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Oh it is for sure, but give me some confidence with other models is what I mean. I I certainly could see, the inverted trough deal swing down and give us at least a refresher.

Euro ensembles actually looked a little better to me than the OP which was surprising. So maybe the trend has a little legs. But I agree, I def won't believe anything major until we have a lot less spread in guidance.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro ensembles actually looked a little better to me than the OP which was surprising. So maybe the trend has a little legs. But I agree, I def won't believe anything major until we have a lot less spread in guidance.

inside 36 hours and we have no clue as to what will happen, interesting

3 minutes ago, Morch Madness said:

RGEM looks like a whiff south of Newburyport 

It came south from the 12z run though...and it does get lighter snows into the rest of E MA later on as there's a pretty clear IVT going right into the MA coast around 42 hours. I'd still favor the best to be to the north of MA, but the trend has definitely been southwest today.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It came south from the 12z run though...and it does get lighter snows into the rest of E MA later on as there's a pretty clear IVT going right into the MA coast around 42 hours. I'd still favor the best to be to the north of MA, but the trend has definitely been southwest today.

12z got 1-2" into CT.. so this came even farther SW?

57 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Would be funny if I get the trend I want and instead I end up with less snow while E MA racks it up with a coastal. 

Yes Brian,  This is what is going to happen.  SE NH Mass and SW Maine will jack but we will get our dependable 6-8".  Take it and run.  That's the trend this winter.  Why change anything now!

9 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Box ain't buying any of it. Latest map shows less than an inch south of the Pike and Newburyport maxing out with 3".

That's exactly what they should be forecasting right now. You don't blow up your forecast based on an 18z NAM run.

Archived