Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coop Crushing Snow 02/15/17

dryslot

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Models at long lead like to show inverted troughs extended from offshore low pressures systems, as time evolves often the INVT's become consolidated low pressure systems with normal circulation, IE the cold conveyor belt CCB is defined. Rather than a specific limited area getting heavy precip it becomes widespread.

Ahh, gotcha.  Thanks!  I like learning from you guys.  My gut tends to be right about 80% from having watched and experienced and observed all my life in New England.  But it's it appeases my inner geek to understand the way the models handle it.  I never took any courses on the models or which one does what and why using which data.  I learned more fluid dynamics, math, and basic weather stuff.  

51 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

There has actually been quite a bit of mix this year along the coastal plain, and they don't always CAD as well as we can down this way.

Remember the poster Cool Spruce, Down East? He was always pointing out how warm air would flood that area far faster than it would down here (southwest coast and adjacent interior).

Archived