Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coop Crushing Snow 02/15/17

dryslot

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

More shallow layer inland away from the coast

The more elevation you gain heading inland the less warm air those flakes will be falling through.

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Like Tenney Hill?:D

Yes, please

You have what, a 700 foot head start on most? GYX is 400 feet, so you'll be more like 900 foot deep warm layer. 

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Pretty interesting for E MA peeps....but I wouldn't get attached yet. We'll see where it stands tomorrow.

My hunch is the euro should do much better with this event relative to rest of guidance given the southern stream shortwave and complex phase of north and south jet streams. 

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

My hunch is the euro should do much better with this event relative to rest of guidance given the southern stream shortwave and complex phase of north and south jet streams. 

I think we'll def want to root for more southern stream involvement...that will pull this whole thing SW a bit.

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

How is Bangor only 4" ahead of Worcester?   Thought they would be more than that.

Too far north in some of these storms this year before this past one. Like, they didn't get that much in the Dec 29 storm and some of the systems in January they didn't get much...a little unlucky too as a few front enders did much better not too far to their north.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Too far north in some of these storms this year before this past one. Like, they didn't get that much in the Dec 29 storm and some of the systems in January they didn't get much...a little unlucky too as a few front enders did much better not too far to their north.

Yeah, that New Years storm was probably the big reason GYX is ahead in the count.

4 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Man, this event is such a tease. Euro consistent with the position of the northern stream, but moved the southern system from middle of Alabama to middle of Georgia in the last day. Still not enough. Would need a Boxing Day/Pats Super Bowl style miracle. 

LOL right...come on Boxing Day modeling flip!!  

27 minutes ago, Wx37 said:

For those of us who don't have access to the Euro maps, what does it show, especially for BOS and areas just north?

Points NE of Boston-Westford get like 3+ inches. Up to 9 the closer you get to MA-NH border... Boston gets 1-2 at best. Medford is right along the 1-2inch band

Archived