Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coop Crushing Snow 02/15/17

dryslot

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WeatherNurse said:

I know, I can't believe the single part either.  Part of the problem is most of the men around here are functional alcoholics with questionable employment.  

Damn, ha. I am neither. The INVT part of this is intriguing in that it seems often what initially is progged to be an INVT eventually transitions to a consolidated CCB, not this time though.  I am really interested in the Euro today. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

The INVT part of this is intriguing in that it seems often what initially is progged to be an INVT eventually transitions to a consolidated CCB, not this time though.

Can you unpack this a little more for someone who only took 5 meteorology courses in college 16 years ago?  

3 minutes ago, WeatherNurse said:

Can you unpack this a little more for someone who only took 5 meteorology courses in college 16 years ago?  

I think what he said was that a thing that causes snow but disappoints nearly all of the time may eventually transition to something that disappoints only some of the time.

5 minutes ago, WeatherNurse said:

Models at long lead like to show inverted troughs extended from offshore low pressures systems, as time evolves often the INVT's become consolidated low pressure systems with normal circulation, IE the cold conveyor belt CCB is defined. Rather than a specific limited area getting heavy precip it becomes widespread.

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Damn, ha. I am neither. The INVT part of this is intriguing in that it seems often what initially is progged to be an INVT eventually transitions to a consolidated CCB, not this time though.  I am really interested in the Euro today. 

It's a healthy H5 wave moving over, so inverted trof makes sense. 

I'm intrigued by how much moisture it ingests from the southern stream wave. The internationals are definitely more robust with that than the Americans.

9 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

It's a healthy H5 wave moving over, so inverted trof makes sense. 

I'm intrigued by how much moisture it ingests from the southern stream wave. The internationals are definitely more robust with that than the Americans.

I hope they are more robust with the cold air as well, I need the highest ratio snow possible or my arms are going to fall off from roof raking.  Thanks for the updates OceanSt :)

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

LOL Here we go...I half-expected this run.

Now we'll watch pickles post about the RPM shifting northeast every 5 minutes tomorrow.

RPM can't really be any more northeast than it already is...it might be even more NE than GFS. :lol:

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Roughly 1500 feet of warm air near the surface (close to the coats). That can be overcome if it's not too, too warm at 2 m, especially if we rip.

Either way, those that do flip to RA will flash back to heavy, heavy around 00z.

Where would you place that line?

Archived