Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/12 Storm Observations

NJwx85

12 hours ago, Allsnow said:

Logan airport 2.9 wow what a epic bust 

12-18 was the prediction 

It's not over for them-tomorrow AM is when they might rack up totals with the backlash around the Gulf of Maine low. I still think they get 6+. 

Edit: Looks like Logan only came in with 3.4". Mega bust for them. Another example of how dangerous it is on the SW end of these systems. Last minute east jog ruined it. 

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temp is 35 degrees here in Sheepshead Bay but went out to my wife's car which has been parked in the driveway all day and the windshield and roof has iced up from the rain drops that were on it today. Good radiational cooling on colder surfaces. Watch out for black icy patches on untreated surfaces late tonight and tomorrow morning even if the surface obs temps are above 32

We had quite the ice storm - it's always fun experiencing one's local climatology... Our event was entirely sleet and freezing rain and the surfaces are a total mess with an inch of glaze.  On the drive down rt 3 to work this am just a few miles to the east there was little icing... Just goes to show how the cold got trapped against the hills to my west.

Archived