Newest Member
    joxey
2/12 Storm Observations

NJwx85

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

As per the latest NWS guidelines, make sure you get a snow board and put it on top of the snow and lie on top of it and compress the snow as far down as you can before you measure.

Using this new method I have to revise my measurement from 3.8 to 1.1.

I'm not even sure that they themselves are following those guidelines lol.

12 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Absolutely nothing like that on the SS. .1" sleet and some ice on the trees for a bit was it. 

Lets see if we can verify a HWW tomorrow. I don't think so as the low doesn't appear to be pulling together as well as earlier thought

At least you saw some frozen. Add a .1 to the total. South shore hasn't done terrible this winter. Already average

25 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Absolutely nothing like that on the SS. .1" sleet and some ice on the trees for a bit was it. 

Lets see if we can verify a HWW tomorrow. I don't think so as the low doesn't appear to be pulling together as well as earlier thought

This was never really going to amount to much for the metro and points south. I'm surprised temps in the city remained low enough for a very light ice accumulation, which of course was quickly melted away by a cold rain.

North of White Plains and north shore of Long Island is the place to be this winter for above average snowfalls. We can't complain as we're around average, though the hype leading up these types of events in the future should be less forum-wide and more specific to locations. Orange and Ulster counties for example have had a very different experience the past two events, as forecasted, yet some folks somehow translate that to a comparable event in the immediate metro area.

That simply hasn't been the case.

31 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I believe Upton only went with  wind advisories

This was never really going to amount to much for the metro and points south. I'm surprised temps in the city remained low enough for a very light ice accumulation, which of course was quickly melted away by a cold rain.

North of White Plains and north shore of Long Island is the place to be this winter for above average snowfalls. We can't complain as we're around average, though the hype leading up these types of events in the future should be less forum-wide and more specific to locations. Orange and Ulster counties for example have had a very different experience the past two events, as forecasted, yet some folks somehow translate that to a comparable event in the immediate metro area.

That simply hasn't been the case.

The LP seems to have outrun the upper level energy. Well see what happens when that energy makes it to the LP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Archived