Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2/12 Storm Observations

NJwx85

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

You are probably seeing it yourself but New City here was 30 degrees not sure what temp is now but started as light sleet and is now sowing pretty good here

I'm at the NYCC golf course, about three miles west of New City (Stop n Shop is my food store). :)    Currently at work in Dutchess County watching it snow at home via security cam.

Billy,,,,local weather guys on tv seem to think it will warm up around noon and changeover or mix-----any chance this has trended farther south OR that the temps keep many places all snow ? RGEM said it last night right ? I mean if it is snowing in Whiteplains thats below the Tap,,,,,curious about the 5 boroughs right now 

ps my buddy got called in to service roads here by me it was a surprise phone call for him

5 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Billy,,,,local weather guys on tv seem to think it will arm up around noon and changeover or mix-----any chance this has trended farther south OR that the temps keep many places all snow ? RGEM said it last night right ? I mean if it is snowing in Whiteplains thats below the Tap,,,,,curious about the 5 boroughs right now 

ps my buddy got called in to service roads here by me it was a surprise phone call for him

Tough to say, id really have to look at current soundings... I think if we can stay heavier places just north and west of NYC have a better shot at staying snow.... personally... I don't think anyone north of the tap is going to plain rain... atleast not for more than maybe an hour at most

2 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Tough to say, id really have to look at current soundings... I think if we can stay heavier places just north and west of NYC have a better shot at staying snow.... personally... I don't think anyone north of the tap is going to plain rain... atleast not for more than maybe an hour at most

Thanx Billy ,,,ps not sure who gets less sleep you or me LOL----->keep the updates coming guys 

4 minutes ago, ag3 said:

I am sleet and 30.4 degrees right now in Queens. I think the next batch could be snow/sleet mix from NYC east.

Surprised to see snow mixing in here, as mild as the mid layers looked on the models last night.  (was expecting all frz rain)

i'd gamble on it being mostly sleet / snow there. Even NNJ.

Archived