Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 12/13 SWFE/Coastal Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, RoboMaine said:

I'm not that valuable.  Just the night watch commander.  

Pic two minutes ago, Wainwright Fields, South Portland.  23 deg. Just shy of heavy snow, with about 2000 feet visibilty.  

Finally, people are off the roads....except us and plows.  

IMG_5749.JPG

Thanks for all you do. Stay safe 

22f/-SN/winds getting gusty, here in Bar Harbor, ME.

Contemplating relocating to either Southwest Harbor (seawall road) or Stonington where p/c suggests highest winds.  Here, isn't as exposed to the wind as I had anticipated.

Edit: To clarify, Acadia park loop road is closed.  That's the reason I'm considering a relocation.  

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

I mean taking at look at the Euro forecast from 11.12z and 12.12z the verification looks like it will be well east of the model. 100 miles or so E of 11.12z and 50 or so miles east of 12.12z

A tamer version of NYC's Jan 2015 debacle.  This has become a bit of a pattern with the Euro and rapid cyclogenesis 

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I mean taking at look at the Euro forecast from 11.12z and 12.12z the verification looks like it will be well east of the model. 100 miles or so E of 11.12z and 50 or so miles east of 12.12z

So role with the GFS in rapid intensification? :lol:   It does seem like it may have a better handle as far as how radar looks.

Archived