Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 12/13 SWFE/Coastal Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10:40pm update box disco

The big question is when/if the comma head snowfall will develop for eastern MA. The latest model data would indicate that with the position of the 700 mb low being relatively far north, the main threat of comma head snow in the morning hours will be over northeast MA. At this point, am thinking that Essex County could still pick up another 2-5 inches of snow which would put totals near 1 foot in places. However from Boston southward, it will be difficult to get much more than an inch or two.

6 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

10:40pm update box disco

The big question is when/if the comma head snowfall will develop for eastern MA. The latest model data would indicate that with the position of the 700 mb low being relatively far north, the main threat of comma head snow in the morning hours will be over northeast MA. At this point, am thinking that Essex County could still pick up another 2-5 inches of snow which would put totals near 1 foot in places. However from Boston southward, it will be difficult to get much more than an inch or two.

Doesn't mention eastern Middlesex.....I border Essex..

As are Brookline, newton, and most of the colleges.   Decisions made before it was obvious that it needn't be.  Wish I went to school in this era....it took a KU to close schools when I was a kid-they're in the book from 1956-1965-the year I graduated from HS.

You don't really wish that, because who really wants to be going extra days when it's sunny and 75 in late June?

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

As are Brookline, newton, and most of the colleges.   Decisions made before it was obvious that it needn't be.  Wish I went to school in this era....it took a KU to close schools when I was a kid-they're in the book from 1956-1965-the year I graduated from HS.

I get we live in an era of lawsuits and being overly cautious and all that, but it has gotten ridiculous.

I just graduated from college.. I've been out of high school since 2012... and it's even changed so much since then. 

I could probably count on 1 hand how many times school was called the night before. Now it seems like it is always called the day or night before.. never in the morning. 

Thats how you get situations like tomorrow... districts knee jerk and close at 1 o clock the day before... and the actual reality the next day is much different than originally thought.

Hundreds of schools were closed last Friday for a storm that ended by about 8pm in most places. Pretty crazy 

Archived