Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 12/13 SWFE/Coastal Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RoboMaine said:

10PM:  Outside my office at South Portland PD, 20 deg, moderate snow with wind effects taking the visibility down to 1/4 mile and less at times.

Busy night with several crashes, slideoffs and end of driveway stuck cars.

At least 7 inches on the ground already, ratios range from almost fluffy on the west end of the city to almost dense pack along the shoreline of Casco Bay.

Rumor has it that Cantore is somewhere within a couple miles of me; this does not make my work night easier.

Just measured 10.6" in Thornton Heights. Thanks for keeping everyone safe tonight.

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

just noticed the snow on our back porch (added last summer) is higher than the sills on the windows above.   Close to 2 feet there.  Maybe more

Stopped shoveling my deck on 1/24 before JH ski trip.  Had only 4" of cement there.  Now hip deep, grill lid depth after last week.  We've hit it big on the eastern slopes of the Whites.  Tucks good to go for spring! And pow everywhere for now :)

11 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'd love another 3-5"....really have enjoyed this event, though.....took a page out of Steve's book, and quit Charlie Brown-ing it....got the hell out and enjoyed it.

Lol so glad you are happy and have a great lady. Yes get into it and enjoy it.  Beautiful day of snow, 20 inch plus week, Blizzard  winds, full moon, glaze tonight, some squalls tomorrow.  Life is good.

11 minutes ago, RoboMaine said:

10PM:  Outside my office at South Portland PD, 20 deg, moderate snow with wind effects taking the visibility down to 1/4 mile and less at times.

Busy night with several crashes, slideoffs and end of driveway stuck cars.

At least 7 inches on the ground already, ratios range from almost fluffy on the west end of the city to almost dense pack along the shoreline of Casco Bay.

Rumor has it that Cantore is somewhere within a couple miles of me; this does not make my work night easier.

Dispatcher?

50 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The fact that it a wet snow, and I'm not dealing with a CJ makes this one a win in my book.

Awesome day snow-tubing with the GF....great winter's day.

I have missed these cement-shows....so sick of the CJ pixie dust BS.

Lol....2 inches of the total are cj but yes.

trees laden with heavy wet snow.  Got bombed on my dog walk.  Also, echoing 78blizz, when the modeled high point of 925s at 3z came we had a very wet snow-almost rain but surface temps stayed cool albeit up to 32 now.   Bed time-will be interesting to see if anything happens,   Looks like about 6 inches but that's pure eyeball and unscientific.   Deepest pack in 2 years and should any major threats materialize next few days tand a week I'll need to get the roof raked,   I won't go up there but someone will for the right amount of $$.

Archived